Warner Please Re-Release The Great Santini

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Wayne Earl, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Wayne Earl

Wayne Earl Extra

The Great Santini really needs a new edition! This is a favorite movie of mine and so painful to watch in it's current incarnation.The 1999 dvd release by Warner is sad: pan and scam,horrible debris ridden washed out crap,the sound is as bad mono.I love this movie and I can't get through it in this awful state.Both Robert Duvall and Michael O'Keefe received acting Oscar nomination for their roles so we're not talking chopped liver here.Duvall shines in one of his greatest roles as the dominating marine fighter pilot and terrifying father Bull Meechum.You will never love and hate a character like you do Bull Meechum.O'Keefe is excellent as a teenager trying to survive a tyrannical father.Please " sport fans" if you love this movie chime in! Warner is listening to us but we need to be counted.I'll be happy with anamorphic video and clear audio let alone extras though that would be sweet.

2. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

I own the widescreen Laser of this film so I never picked up the DVD. I would trade in my laser for the DVD if Warner ever released it OAR.

3. Joel Vardy

Joel Vardy Supporting Actor

Chiming in...one of the greats. I was very disappointed with the lack of OAR and have stayed away for that reason thus far.

Joel

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Please, guys, make your specific appeals to specific studios here in Studio Feedback. Thanks.

5. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    Love this movie. I would buy it in a second Sports fans.
    [​IMG]