What's new

WARNER: Petition for FRIENDS SEASON BY SEASON SET (1 Viewer)

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Warner please reconsider your plans for a best of FRIENDS set. Do it the right way by doing a season by season set. Anyone know how to start a petition? Please start one if anyone knows how to. Thanks.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Warners-
I will no longer purchase Friends, South Park, Scooby-Doo or any other television series on a "Best-Of" basis. I will only purchase the DVDs of a TV series if released in episode order. I don't care if it's 2-episodes per disc (Star Trek, Space:1999 ), 3-5 ep's per disc (the original South Park & Scooby-Doo television releases), or a box set at a time (X-Files, Stargate SG-1, Sopranos, Sex in the City ).
I have made the mistake of buying "Best Of" items in the past, including Ally McBeal, Little House on the Prairie, and Twilight Zone. I'm done with that. I have not and will not buy the two Friends releases on DVD...and that series is one of my very best favorite shows!!!...and I won't get the newly announced ones, either. I won't "jump around" in the timeline of a series anymore.
Over the course of a television show's run, development occurs. Development is going on with the characters and stories, with the production values and the overall quality, and with special effects (where appropriate) and in costume design.
To see that development out-of-context of the show's natural filming or broadcast run (both are acceptable orders for the DVD's), is like watching the Val Kilmer portrayal of Batman first, and never understanding what a job Michael Keaton did before or George Clooney did after.
Please stick to episode order DVD releases of TV shows.
I won't be buying Friends or South Park this time around. Now I must ask: What will be the episodes on Scooby Doo's Spookiest Tales? If it doesn't pick up where Original Mysteries left off, then count me out!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
My 3-year-old enjoying Superman - The Movie in widescreen:
Steve_Widescreen.jpg

(Some of my DVD's are to the left side of the picture)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I had purchased the first 2 volumes of "Friends" to show my support for tv on dvd. But, I had originally read that if sales were good, they would release season box sets. Now, they are releasing only more best of's. No, I will not be buying them. Season box sets only, please.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Warner will not be releasing full seasons until they can milk the syndication market to its full extent, which will probably be three years after the last network episode of the show.
Although I would prefer to but Friends in full season increments I can't wait that long.
South Park, on the other hand, I'll wait.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I also will not buy another "Best of" set. I would like the entire season by season sets.
Oh, wait, there is one "Best of" Friends that I will buy:
Friends: Best of The Ones Where Jennifer Aniston Wears Really Tight Tops and the Air Conditioning is on Really High.
biggrin.gif

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Warner Brothers went from DVD champion to mass-market morons in the period of just one year. I am VERY dissapointed in WB's decision to issue Friends and South Park in this way. This just adds to the recent insults WB has been heaping upon us. Does anyone have a wound in need of salting? If someone starts a petition, I'll sign it. Hopefully digibits will provide a contact email (though it seems they didn't listen after telling us they would last time).
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Save Stargate SG-1 Season 6
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
"Best-of" releases sucks. Warner should seriously release friends season by season as soon as possible.
------------------
"Come on, you fuckers think that just cause a guy reads comics he can't start some shit, I'll fucking take all you on!"
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially sense I rule"

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I wont purchase these either. I bought the first two "Best Ofs" and I wasnt overly impressed. Release the season or dont release anything at all.
Come on Warner. First Willy Wonk and now this?

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
I have been waiting since December for a word that Warner was going to release them as SEASON SETS!!! They did it for R2! I also bought the original box set because some were better than none. But since i've been taping them on syndication, I have all of them on VHS which is good enough for me not to waste money on a crappy best of set again. Or I can even watch them on my computer since I can get all of them online off irc. No money from me Warner until you release the box set as seasons! WONK!
Warner is beginning to upstage MGM as the biggest disappointment in DVD...They have come 180 from being one the earliest and best supporters of DVD to screwing everyone over with shitty releases. Wonk again!
------------------
Crash
"I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

Brent Cantrell

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in as one who'll not be buying any 'best of' sets, EVER! I'm a fan of the show as a whole, the good as well as the 'bad'. I'll wait for season sets. And that's all I've got to say about that.
------------------
Objective C, the OTHER object oriented language...

Paul Wu

Stunt Coordinator
Please release Friends as season sets. You know like you've done in the UK.
------------------
Paul Wu
"There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count and those that can't."
Anyone in the Vancouver, BC area interested in meeting up? If so, click here.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Bill Hunt is now saying, both here at HTF and at The Bits, that Warner is indicating that there are legal issues tying up the season-by-season box sets for Friends in the US.
Why doesn't WB have the balls to come over here and tell us themselves?
Why don't they let us know what's going on before they make the big announcement to the world...y'know, prep us with some leaked info?
Maybe they wouldn't be getting slammed so hard if they came forward and explained WHY they're making the decisions that they are! WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!!
There...I feel better now. MMmmmm...no I don't.
furious.gif

------------------
DAVE/Memphis
My 3-year-old enjoying Superman - The Movie in widescreen:
Steve_Widescreen.jpg

(Some of my DVD's are to the left side of the picture)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks