What's new

Warner: JFK, Casablanca, 300... (1 Viewer)

GregK

Screenwriter
Casablanca was originally a HD-DVD release, so maybe WB will finally announce FORBIDDEN PLANET ... hopefully sooner than later.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Casablanca's nice. The 300 news annoys me a bit since Warners is usually pretty solid with not double dipping on newer titles, but I understand that for the first release the technology wasn't quite there to include everything.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
But that doesn't invalidate the fact that for the BD of 300 to match the HD DVD in features, Profile 2.0 was required--so either WB holds back 300 from BD altogether (as it did for some catalogue titles and Batman Begins) or it goes with a "stripped down" BD at first and a fully loaded one later when Profile 2.0 is available. I wasn't checking HDM news when Batman Begins came out but I imagine there was something of an outcry that no BD was released at the time. Perhaps WB wanted to avoid something similar?

Niko Nykanen

Stunt Coordinator
Ohhh JFK.. This is going to be so good :) hopefully it´ll have uncompressed audio. The sound is great on the dvd so an upgrade to that would be very nice. :)

And 300, I checked out the blu-ray this monday and there was compression artefacts everywhere. Thank you hd-dvd. I look forward to the new edition and hope that it gets a new transfer.

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
I'll be buying Casablanca the day it hits the stores. Been a long wait.

(Warners, I'm also ready to buy The Adventures of Robin Hood and The Maltese Falcon the day they come out. And North By Northwest, too.)

-R

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks