What's new

Warner Home Video Tom & Jerry Replacement Program (UPDATE 1/30/07 POST #134) (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Here's a screen cap comparison from a member of the Animation History Forum:

Top = Original Pressing

Bottom = Replacement

MaelstromXR

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob
I came up with a theory about the double "Texas Tom" on both Volumes. I was disapointed to see that one of my favorite episodes, "Tennis Chumps" is missing. This short was connected to "Texas Tom" because of tobacco Issues. I think maybe they just screwed it up. When, if they will, do you think they'll make a 3rd volume? I say complete the Hanna and Barbera 114 Episode series and appeal to the Chuck Jones fans, if any, later on down the line. I made a little something you people might want to see.

These are all of the shorts of Tom and Jerry that should be on the 3rd Volume:

A Mouse in the House
Mouse Cleaning
Hatch Up Your Troubles
Love That Pup
Jerry's Diary
Tennis Chumps
The Framed Cat
Casanova Cat
His Mouse Friday
The Duck Doctor
Little Runaway
Fit to Be Tied
The Dog House
That's My Pup
Life with Tom
Puppy Tale
Posse Cat
Hic-cup Pup
Neapolitan Mouse
Downhearted Duckling
Pet Peeve
Southbound Duckling
Pup on a Picnic
Mouse for Sale
Smarty Cat
That's My Mommy
The Egg and Jerry - CinemaScope remake of Hatch Up Your Troubles
Busy Buddies
Barbecue Brawl
Tops with Pops - CinemaScope remake of Love That Pup
Timid Tabby
Feedin' the Kiddie - CinemaScope remake of The Little Orphan
Tom's Photo Finish
Happy Go Ducky
Royal Cat Nap
The Vanishing Duck
Robin Hoodwinked

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I don't know why anyone would give Warner Bros. any more money at this point to continue this series...

The only way they could rectify this situation as far as I'm concerned, is to give each of the films a proper remaster and re-issue the entire run of Tom & Jerry's in a complete and uncut boxed set, free of any technical faults that have marred past releases.

These are some of the best animated short films to emerge from the golden age of Hollywood cinema, and the way they've been treated is utterly shameful. Bear in mind that these are among my most favorite animated shorts of all-time, but I don't care if Warner Bros. gave away free money in each boxed set, I would NOT purchase or support anything else from them in the way of this series unless they affected some serious management overhaul in this department and really made good on this whole mess. As of right now, I'm rightly fed up with the whole situation.

TheGreatOz

Second Unit
Real Name
Rod
I received a replacement Volume 1 Disc 1 last week and it is perfectly fine!

My advice is to request a replacement and try it.
If it's defective, you can return it in the SASE and you're no worse off than before.

It pays to at least TRY.

I'm puzzled by all the ranting and raving...must be the eclipsed Full Moon. :eek:

TheGreatOz

Second Unit
Real Name
Rod
As a post script to this thread...

I received the two replacement discs of T&J Volume 2 yesterday.

After auditioning them all the way through, both discs play perfectly.
On a Sony flat screen LCD monitor, there's neither aliasing nor blurriness.

Looks like Warner's has got it right, finally.
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Is this program over? No one answers that phone number.

What the heck is this thread about theatrical cartoons doing in the TV section, anyway?

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
I have held off buying these sets because of the issues, but I'm thinking of getting the 3-pack when volume 3 is released in September. I'm hoping the bundled first 2 sets will have the corrected discs. But if not, I would just go the replacement route.

Now Mark Zimmer's saying no one is answering the phone number. Do any of the mods know (or could they find out this month) if (a) the corrected discs will be in the 3-pack and/or if (b) the replacment program is still going on.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
I just called the 1-800-553-6937 number for the Looney Tunes replacement program and got through practically right away. So the number is definitely still up and running.

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
Read through the thread, does anyone know if purchasing directly from WB you can get the correct versions of all three disks?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I would imagine that Warners (and every other retailer) may still have the uncorrected discs sitting in their inventory. The sets weren't recalled or discontinued for the correct ones (a la the Superman set), they just offered the replacements so I would think that the stock of uncorrected discs is pretty deep.

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry

Thanks TravisR; I was reading about T&J this morning, got all nostalgic and was ready to order remembering they recently came to DVD but decided to check for any issues first :frowning:

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
Well I can confirm that the corrected discs are now making their way to stores. I purchased both Vol 1 and Vol 2 yesterday at BJ's Wholesale Club and can confirm based on directory codes and dates posted in this thread that these are the corrected discs. Thanks to all who posted that information and saved me the trouble of returning discs that were actually the correct versions!

Real Name
Mick Hyperion
I finally got around to ordering my replacement discs for both volumes today. Just thought I'd post an update here to let people know the program is still in effect. The woman I spoke to said I would receive the new discs in 7-10 days.

pariste74656

Auditioning
Real Name
Allen
Does anyone remember using vinyl records? There used to be information etched in the area between the grooves and the label, denoting the album's catalog number. I noticed after a time that you could tell if you were getting a first pressing a lot of times.

With this principle in mind, The information on my Tom & Jerry disks are as follows:

Volume 1 Dick 1:

Original 7Y658781.A VA01
Corrected 7Y65878V2.1.B VB01

Volume 2

Disk 1 Original 7Y67324V3.1.A VB01
Disk 1 Corrected 7Y67324V4.1.A VA03

Disk 2 Original 7Y67324V2.2.B VB01
Disk 2 Corrected 7Y67324V3.2.B VC01

I know that has little if anything to do with the actual properties of the disk information, but it did tell me that a different version was mailed to me from Warner Brothers. I throw that in for what it's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks