What's new

Warner Home Video announces CASABLANCA and LETHAL WEAPON as 2012 Anniversary Releases (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I have to admit I bought my Previous Big Box way after the fact, when it had actually been out of print for a long time...and I have yet to watch the Blu-ray.

The previous version, while beautiful, had a few flaws....it had an overly digital look to it, dnr was used, and the mono sountrack was lossy. I'll upgrade if the film has undergone additional work in the digital realm.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
In the UK, HMV online are selling the (great) Lethal Weapon Blu-ray box set for £12.99!! I don't know if they export. At this rate, when Warner finally get around to releasing this in America, most people who want it would have imported it.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
GMpasqua said:
of course the question is "WHY?" when so many other films have yet to be released. Besides "Casablanca" was pretty complete and looked great - really where's the Brando "Mutiny on the Bounty?" or "My Fair Lady" or "Who's Afraid of Virigina Woolf?" "A Streecar Named Desire", "Yankee Doodle Dandy", "Gypsy", "The Great Race"......
The answer is simple, Casablanca makes money. Doug

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Billy Batson said:
In the UK, HMV online are selling the (great) Lethal Weapon Blu-ray box set for £12.99!! I don't know if they export. At this rate, when Warner finally get around to releasing this in America, most people who want it would have imported it.
I've had this box set for almost a year now - it is indeed great. Nothing will get me to purchase these films again.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Yeah I can't see buying them again. I got the box set of Casablanca. I actually really dig the lobby cards and reproductions of the memos. But I imagine they are going to be using the same digital master that they used for the last blu-ray, so I don't see any point in buying it again, unless they have found some previously unseen footage or other interesting materials. Doug EDIT....okay I'll admit, the geek in my loves the coasters!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks