What's new

Warner: Harry Potter Revisited (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's obvious you intend this release to be for little Joey, and not the adult fans. That's fine, but PLEASE release a "Harry Potter Revisted" with proper extras on it, such as 90min+ documentary. I'd pay for that.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Agree completely.

A commentary would be nice as well....especially if it includes JK Rowling.

The current details cannot be the best you have to offer.

Chris M

Second Unit
Oh, and some of us Canadians would like Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone... NOT Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone!
:angry:
Chris.

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Chris, according to DVDEnFrancais.com there will be a separate version in Canada with Philosopher Stone. The Canadian version will also include a French Track (Quebecian Dub - Fox, read that carefully QUEBECIAN DUB !!!)
I guess the US version will have a Spanish version instead of the french here. But here it will be the proper "Philosopher" version at least.

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
I wish I could by the Philosopher Stone version in US as well. I cannot understand the need of a title and content change. Please give me the original version.

Ron Birk

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The movie was shot with scenes containing the different terms shot separately.

They thought that Sorceror was more marketable in the US for some stupid reason. Let's hear it for unnecessary changes!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I would like an adult version of this title as well.

Features I'm interested in include:

* DTS

* Commentary

* Documentary

* Extended Directors Cut

I think Warner's missed the boat on this one. This title could have been in the DVD Top Ten this year. I think more likely that it's "big guns" status will be forgotten in June.

Brian E

Screenwriter
Put me down as another person who would like to see a better treatment for this title.

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator
I'd also buy a "Revisited" disc if there were interesting documentaries (especially with J.K. Rowling) on it.
A commentary track wouldn't do any good on a revisited disc, though ;) If nobody involved wanted to do a commentary then I'm absolutely ok with that. But if someone wanted to but was turned down because "this takes away from the experience for kids" then I'm pissed. Kids would never turn on the commentary in the first place. Problem solved.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I liked the movie and thought it was very good of its type. I would buy the dvd if it had more substantial extras. But as it is now, I'll pass. Another release aimed at adults/film buffs is a good idea, but I doubt it'll happen. Still, it doesn't hurt to let Warner know we're interested. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks