1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Warner- Goonies Thank You!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Butler, Aug 22, 2001.

1. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

I think I can say on behalf of all the Goonies fans...Thanks for this cool DVD!! I loved the cast commentary (Corey Feldman needed to just shut the hell up though!!) And I finally got the deleted scenes.
    The presentation was sweet for a film this age.
    Even though this OAR fiacso is hot right now you did a good job on this disc. We dont totally hate you. [​IMG]

2. Prentice Cotham

Prentice Cotham Supporting Actor

Thank Richard Donner. If not for him, the Goonies would have been another Pan and Scam fiasco!

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Warner-
    Goonies was almost perfect, I would have liked that documentary that Gaines talked about in interviews, but such as life. Bottom line: OAR was there with a great transfer, and a hysterical video commentary. I plunked down my money without question
    If NeverEnding Story is P&S, even if it was an even BETTER SE, it's sitting on the shelf
    Jeff Kleist

4. Gavin K

Gavin K Stunt Coordinator

Thanks indeed for the Goonies!
    Now here's what you do. You take all of the sales stats, and all of the positive feedback, and you take it to whoever oversees both the home entertainment and the family entertainment divisions, and you explain why DVD product falls under the former, not the latter, and you start putting out decent product once again.
    ------------------
    "Wow, what a dramatic airport!"

5. Brett Cameron

Brett Cameron Stunt Coordinator

This was an awesome dvd. The picture and sound were amazing for a film thats 16 years old. The commentary is one of the best I have ever heard. Now bring on those other awesome Amblin 80's movies Gremlins and Gremlins 2 as special editions in widescreen.

6. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Thank you Richard Donner for convincing Warners that Goonies needed to be in widescreen. That was a make-or-break part of the purchase for me. As it was released, I bought it immediately, and am thrilled with the presentation.
    ------------------
    Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
    Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
    View SpaceDog's DVD Collection