What's new

Warner forgets OAR again... (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I was really looking forward to purchasing "Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird" on DVD (look at me, talking about a G-Rated movie and an R-Rated movie in the same day), but then I visited amazon.com. Guess what? Feh screen...I mean, "fullscreen". Well, there goes one purchase. Does anybody have a Warner address (e-mail or snail-mail) so I can complain?

Sincerely,

John "19 years old, yes, but I want OAR on everything" Kilduff

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
We just went through this about Amazon, when speaking about Disney titles like original Parent Trap and Swiss Family Robinson.
Amazon often posts early but erroneous info about the aspect ratio. The two I mention above were just changed the other day to say "WS" instead of "FS".
Wonka was originally posted at Amazon as both FS and WS, but then it shipped FS only (until a certain petition came along...).
Warner has been bitten in the butt several times now. I am not so sure they will go through this again this quickly.
I will wait until I have independant confirmation before yelling at WB again. Amazon has *proven* themselves wrong on the early info too many times.
OTOH, it IS Warner we're talking about, so you'll probably be proven correct in the end... :rolleyes

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Sorry. I should've read before. It's just that when it comes to Warner's family titles, it seems that recently, you guys had to do the prodding to get it done in OAR. Sorry for overstepping my boundaries.

Sincerely,

John "I've apologized a lot, recently" Kilduff

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
For what its worth, DVDPlanet have this listed as 16:9-NO, and Fullscreen (?)
(is that a typo, or are they not sure?)
OTOH, I can see the execs at WB screaming, when they hear of a petition campaign-
"This is a toddlers movie fercrissakes! They cant possibly care about a few extra lines of resolution, or OAR!":)

Users who are viewing this thread