What's new

Warner finally announcing some horror for Halloween! (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I was so hoping the it was Legends of Horror Vol 2, as well, i know i am patiently waiting, i was the one who ask about Dorian Gray during the chat, and remember being told that it would be released in 07 with the color inserts. Not that i have a problem with some of the items in the announced releases, its just that i really love those from that heyday, even if they were to throw in some re-releases of original titles in the mix i can think this would be a good starting point

Hunchback of Notre Dame (1939) Remastered
The Picture of Dorian Gray (1945)
The Thing From Another World SE that is a starting point

I guess that both Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde's could be in there as well but i think some of the older stuff that was never released alone would work better, have a great copy of mystery of the wax museum, because my daughter got it when she bought house of wax.

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc
Uh-oh! Anamorphic widescreen for "SOMEONE'S WATCHING ME"?!?!?

This was a made-for-tv film shot in full-frame for full-frame presentation. Even Carpenter has admitted that he was forced to shoot it this way and just made the best of it (as he had originally hoped to make it a theatrical film). It was shown matted theatrically overseas, I believe, but that was not the composition he was framing for. So either the specs are wrong (hopefully, but not likely) - otherwise we're going to have an improperly matted version. Yuck.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm willing to bet that that's probably a typo due to cut and paste.

A similar thing happened with Eyes Wide Shut (or the new Kubrick collection) when it was listed as being R rated which led to people panicking that Warners wasn't releasing the unedited one but that was a typo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks