What's new

Warner finally announcing some horror for Halloween! (1 Viewer)

walter o

Supporting Actor

You are right though, Warner Halloween releases are barebone, but I hope they gotten Carpenter for a commentary for SOMEONE'S WATCHING ME.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

Unfortunately, Tom Weaver at the Classic Horror Film Board answered: "Not this year" to the above. All I can say is, Warner has been so great and reliable in recent years in releasing old classic horror titles that this comes as a huge disappointment.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
Yes, this is sad news regarding the 1930s/40s titles. I guess they need to do some more work on the transfers. I just wish they hadn't made the classic titles soud like such a certainty in February's chat.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter

Universal probably did pony up extra $$$ for TIMECOP, or at least purchased the rights to the "title".

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Made my day! I am psyched for Deadly Friend but being a horror buff, I will probably buy the set. Does anyone know if Warner is sitting on any slasher titles? I know of Night School for one and I wouldnt mind seeing a few slashers released.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
They did release three "classic" horror titles earlier this month and a cult favorite in TROG so they did do something for classic horror fans this year. They haven't released many "current" horror titles the past two years so I guess it was their time.

Mario Gauci

Senior HTF Member
Count me in among those disappointed by this lacklustre announcment...but, hell, with all the stuff Universal (or is that Best Buy?) and Fox are springing on us around Halloween time, I think it'd be churlish to complain very loudly.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Nothing much here I'm interested in picking up. Was really hoping for a Kongo/West of Zanzibar double feature on SD. Oh well.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for a Hammer Horror set for High Def. There's...........still..........time.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Someone mentioned dont be afraid of the dark, and bad ronald earlier in this thread.Im very confident that around this time next year, Warner will announce those.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

Well, this is true. I was glad to see TROG released, and I really wanted ATTACK OF THE 50 FT WOMAN for the longest time. Warner's still Numero Uno with me -- I guess I was overly excited due to the recent chat where it almost sounded like we'd get the "CLASSIC LEGENDS OF HORROR II" set. But FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE is a good catch.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
....and still no word on "Dorian Gray" either, huh? Maybe they're saving that one for HD(?) :confused:

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
I wish they were putting out FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE as a single release. I've no interest in any of the others, though I'm glad they are being released for the fans that want them.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I believe they ARE putting these out separately -- aren't they? That's what I was lead to believe. 'Cause there's no way I'm buying the whole set.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Glad to hear about Dr. Giggles, even if it's not a great movie. Looks like it's time to unload the old Goodtimes disc on ebay.

captainjoe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sam
I still have the Dr. Giggles letterboxed laserdisc so I'll be happy to finally upgrade

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Only in the farthest stretch of the word would you call that "Art".....YUCK!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
admittedly, thats some piss poor art right there. Still, if the price is right, I might give the collection a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks