What's new

Warner Feb. Releases including My Fair Lady, Mutiny on the Bounty, Mrs. Miniver & more (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I will probably pass on MFL only because I am satisfied between the current release and the laserdisc box set. I am all over the other announced titles, though. Thanks, WB!

Whether a transfer of a large format film is from a reduction or not is academic to me. There are more than one ways to skin a cat in making a superior low-rez video presentation, and there are a lot more noticeable things that can be wrong with a transfer than any artifact of a single generation downconversion to 35mm.

I believe Vertigo is probably the only Vistavision film that has ever been transferred from a large format source for a home video master (a windowboxed element created from the Vista to 65mm restoration), but I don't plan on boycotting other titles because they did not make a 65mm element from the VV negative for transfer. Let them make the video master however they like and I will judge it based on the results, not the method.

Regards,

Andy_G

Stunt Coordinator
I think the real problem occurs when a film is transfered from an OLD reduction element.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Bill, thanks for the 411 on the transfer situation.

I am now more excited about this re-release (if such a thing is possible) than I was before I read your post!

Keep 'em coming WB and I'll keep putting $$$ in your coffers! :)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Hadn't noticed this specification heretofore: BOTH the 1940 and 1944 versions of "Gaslight" are to be included on the dual-sided disc. Not bad. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks