What's new

WARNER - Fearless Vampire Killers? (1 Viewer)

Chad C

Auditioning
I would definitely buy a 2.35:1 anamorphic Fearless Vampire Killers! And it would really look great sitting next to some Hammer Films. Please Warner, give FVK the North by Northwest treatment!!! :)

John Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
Okay,
I have some specifics which might be of interest to whomever owns the distribution rights to the Fearless Vampire Killers (in the event you're not already aware of this). I did a little digging and found out that some guy named Michael Crawford will be playing Count Krolock in the Dance of the Vampires musical on Broadway, opening April 11th, 2002. I'm not an expert on musicals, the theater, and such, but I understand this Crawford fellow is pretty good and shows some real potential
wink.gif

Again, let me reiterate a point in a previous post that this is a golden opportunity to coordinate a DVD release of Fearless Vampire Killers with the Broadway opening of Dance of the Vampires...sure seems like a natural tie in with this macabre musical being based on Polanski's spoof of vampire films.
John
------------------
Release Fearless Vampire Killers on DVD!

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
MY QUESTION IS:any plans to release the masterpiece
of Roman Polanski THE FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS many fans around the world wait for this one!
Needs remastering and possible restoration but we'll consider it. Let's see if the Broadway Musical flies.
A very sincere thank you to Glenn Levesque for speaking for the rest of us at the Warner Chat last night. You are my hero, Glenn!
biggrin.gif

Why they would imply a condition on how well a Broadway-version of this film does is beyond me. What would one have to do with the other?
confused.gif

I shall, however, remain optimistic that Warner has heard us. Thanks again, Glenn. You are THE MAN!
icon14.gif

------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)?

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
If I haven't already said so, I would like a DVD release of this movie with extra features. Anchor Bay might be a possibility..."Beastmaster" was a Turner title, but it was issued on DVD by AB.

Sincerely,

John "Loves it when AB DVDs are on sale" Kilduff

ed richardson

Auditioning
to whom ever it concerns....PLEASE consider this horror classic for release on dvd...it made it to laser disk and widescreen vhs...not releasing it on dvd would be a crime! :frowning:

Sebastian_A

Stunt Coordinator
I'd buy it, along the lines with THE TENANT, another one of Polanski's yet-DVD-less-masterpieces.
But please: ONLY RELEASE the real European version, not that cartoon crap they did with it in America... . (if I knew how to do the barfing smily, it'd be here!)
Sebastian. :)

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I would buy this in a heartbeat. Please at least include the European cut of this film, DANCE OF THE VAMPIRES. A true masterpiece of the horror genre.

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
The Fearless Vampire Killers has a large cult following and it's success on DVD is assured. Surely, WB knows this...I honestly cannot understand why we haven't seen this film released on DVD already.

Please give us The Fearless Vampire Killers on DVD!!!!!!!!

Jon

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
I watched Fearless vampire killers yesterday on TCM, and found it very funny and suspenseful at times.

The version they showed lasted about an hour and three quarters, so I guess I watched the shorter version referred to on IMDB. I would love to see a director's cut! Especially on DVD.

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit
The version they showed lasted about an hour and three quarters, so I guess I watched the shorter version referred to on IMDB. I would love to see a director's cut!
That was the director's cut, which runs 107 minutes. The original American release was cut by roughly 15 minutes from this and an animation sequence of about the same length was added to the beginning of the film. The 124 minute version has the director's cut plus the animation sequence, but the animation comes before the MGM logo and is not considered a part of the film.

Count me in as another fan of this masterpiece. I'm dying to see it released on DVD.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I don't know what good it will do, Jussi, but apathy certainly won't get this great film released.
I have signed it (I was number seventeen). :emoji_thumbsup:

Ed Vandeweerd

Stunt Coordinator
Hi All,

Add me to the Chorus calling for the release of "The Fearless Vampire Killers" Truly a Cult and Camp Classic!

John Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
MGM,
2002 is the perfect year during which to release Fearless Vampire Killers (1967) as this of course is its 35th year anniversary, not to mention the upcoming Dance of the Vampires musical which opens later this year. Whenever it's released though, please do this hugely entertaining film justice, in regard to the video (anamorphic widescreen) and audio (stereo at least, possibly 5.1 channel audio?) An impressive release on DVD will maximize your return on investment, I assure you! Thanks.
John
P.S. - anyone else want to see this released on DVD?! Now is not the time to be shy! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks