What's new

Warner DVD's not working thread - watch to make sure they still play (3 Viewers)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's an option, some people don't utilize enough here.
Not speaking about any particular thread or poster but I don't use it because just because I'm annoyed by a person in one thread, they may post something of value in another. That being said, I have to imagine it's more relaxing for those that do use it. :D

mBen989

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
Well, I think my copy of Under the Cherry Moon falls into this category as it started skipping about the seventy-five minute mark on my PS4.

(...)

Nevermind, it plays on my computer using VLC media player 3.0.11

Kevin Wedman

Agent
Real Name
Kevin
So what? We already know she is going to provide replacement discs if they exist. Her sending you a shipping label so that you can return one of the faulty discs does not conflict with her promise. You have no reason to feel disappointed unless, of course, you enjoy feeling disappointed.
I understand your feeling since you are not the one who has a set that does not play. So what should you care? but you could have compassion and understanding toward others' misfortunes. You clearly lack that.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Another DOA Warner DVD disc for me tonight - Watch on the Rhine. Everything was fine for the first 45 minutes, but at the layer change, the disc went completely dead. Very infuriating, of course, since I hadn't seen the movie all the way through in decades and was eager to watch the whole thing tonight.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
There are several reports in this thread about those DVDs in Volume 2 not working. A few weeks back I checked my boxset and had zero problems with any of those discs. WA does offer replacement discs, but with the "stay at home" order in California, disc replacements aren't happening right now. There is a contact person at Warner, Sherri Bogard. I don't have her email address, but I'm sure somebody else will provide it to you so please, be patient and continue to read this thread.

It's been a bit since Robert posted this. But...I recently made the time to go through my copy of this set (Errol Flynn Signature Collection, Volume 2). I dug out an old portable Sony DVD player that I set up on my office desk. The remote wasn't working, so I had limited options in playing discs, so I basically just chapter-skipped through the movies and didn't bother with the extras. Four out of the five played with no problems. The Charge of the Light Brigade, though, froze during a chapter skip. Tried it a few times, but no go.

Some time later, I decided to try it on another player. Actually, on another two players. One's a region-free LG BD player, the other an LG 4K BD player. Brigade played fine on both. No doubt the LGs have better error correction than the Sony portable.

I still have a boatload of discs to check. I had checked about a dozen or so a ways back, and all of them were fine. But I did those on the LG 4K. So I suppose I should check everything on that player going forward. I might experiment with a couple of other older decks I have around first, though.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Another Bette Davis movie in my collection has bit the dust: In This Our Life. I got a little past the one hour mark, and then it started skipping and finally just hung and wouldn't go on.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
In This Our Life can be exchanged for the MOD , I should know because mine crapped out on me over a year ago

fmy333

Auditioning
Real Name
Frank M. Young
Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol. 4--first disc is dead as a doornail. I can't get any player to recognize it, despite it being clean and well-stored. This was from 2006/7, a really bad time for cheapness of WHV DVD production. Anyone else have a problem with this set? Earlier sets play just fine. I think this set and the last two all have crap quality DVDs. One disc on Volume Six never played right, straight from the just-opened set to my DVD player.

Second disc dead too.

Last edited:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I attempted to watch Roberta (1935) with Astaire & Rogers but alas, after about 10 minutes it started to freeze and sputter. Another one bites the dust :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks