What's new

Warner DVD's not working thread - watch to make sure they still play (22 Viewers)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
If one doesn't like how things are handled by Warner, one can simply just walk away and NEVER buy anything else again made by Warner.

If one wants to hire an ambulance chaser for dealing with defective Warner dvd/bluray discs, at most the settlement will be just be getting a refund and signing a legally binding agreement that the matter is settled. In the end, one will be spending way more $$$$ on the ambulance chaser's hourly legal services fees, than the $50 refund one gets back in a settlement. :)

Even a 5th rate "saul goodman" hack type of lawyer, will still be at least $20 per hour (on the clock).

Kevin Wedman

Agent
Real Name
Kevin
Sherri's supervisor will not be able to help you. If the discs you are seeking are unavailable from Warner, that's it. It doesn't matter who you talk to there. As we have explained to you, discs fall out of print from time to time. Going over Sherri's head will not change that fact. I understand that you're upset, but I would take whatever Sherri can give you and thank her and be done with it. Especially during a pandemic, I'm sure Warner and Sherri have better things to do than helping you. Respectfully, I would be grateful for what you can get.
She promised me she would be able to get copies for me in mod. I was happy about that. then in her last email. she tells me she will send a shipping label for one of the DVDs. I have re-read the emails. She had me so happy and now, disappointed more than ever.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
She promised me she would be able to get copies for me in mod. I was happy about that. then in her last email. she tells me she will send a shipping label for one of the DVDs. I have re-read the emails. She had me so happy and now, disappointed more than ever.
So what? We already know she is going to provide replacement discs if they exist. Her sending you a shipping label so that you can return one of the faulty discs does not conflict with her promise. You have no reason to feel disappointed unless, of course, you enjoy feeling disappointed.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It is perfectly reasonable for her to ask you to return a faulty disc in order to get a new one. I've done that from time to time with defective discs. If it's defective, why do you care if you hang onto it? If she is sending you a shipping label, then you won't even have to pay to send the defective one back. You protest too much, I think.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
You have no reason to feel disappointed unless, of course, you enjoy feeling disappointed.

You protest too much, I think.

(On an offtopic aside).

Some individuals are habitual complainers, where they legitimately enjoy it to the max and is entirely a part of of their personal identity. :)

For me, such behavior is a guilty pleasure on my part whenever I choose to indulge in it. :rock:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
It is perfectly reasonable for her to ask you to return a faulty disc in order to get a new one. I've done that from time to time with defective discs. If it's defective, why do you care if you hang onto it? If she is sending you a shipping label, then you won't even have to pay to send the defective one back. You protest too much, I think.
Exactly! Who wants to keep a defective disc?

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

I am starting to think you are not for real and you are just trying to string us along for laughs. If you were for real, I don't know how you are not embarrassed to write such responses over such a trivial matter. You apparently registered a short while ago just to regale us with your tale of woe.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Asking fans to return defective discs is fair because otherwise there could be dishonest people who would just claim a replacement disc without having paid for it, and then that would be the studio giving away their movie for free. I'm not saying I would do this, but some people might. So asking you to give up the old one in exchange for the new one is totally reasonable as a protection for the studio against thievery.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Asking fans to return defective discs is fair because otherwise there could be dishonest people who would just claim a replacement disc without having paid for it, and then that would be the studio giving away their movie for free. I'm not saying I would do this, but some people might. So asking you to give up the old one in exchange for the new one is totally reasonable as a protection for the studio against thievery.
Provided the return shipping is paid for, I have no issue with returning defective discs as part of an exchange. Heck, I'd just as soon have them gone, anyway.

CHEERS! :)

Kevin Wedman

Agent
Real Name
Kevin
I am starting to think you are not for real and you are just trying to string us along for laughs. If you were for real, I don't know how you are not embarrassed to write such responses over such a trivial matter. You apparently registered a short while ago just to regale us with your tale of woe.
I have been disabled for a number of years. I seldom leave my home. I have little money and for me to buy a DVD set of this kind would be an extravagant purchase. I am so grateful for the gift I received from a friend. For me to buy this set would be a financial burden. So here I have a beautiful set that does not work that I absolutely love but can not play. I have no intention of taking advantage of anyone. Warner Bros got their money for it and I am stuck with a boxed set that looks pretty and it breaks my heart that it is DEFECTIVE and WB cant offer me other options if they can not replace this one. I would be happy to return this to them for something else of equal value. I ask those of you would think ill of me to please have some compassion. life is hard enough for me on a daily basis. I am all alone. Some days are unbearable. Please be kind. I am not dishonest. I have the defective set that has been tested on other machines. I was hoping for a more supportive group. If there is anyone who would like to purchase Errol Flynn DVDs for me I would be appreciative. Peace and Blessings to all of you.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I was hoping for a more supportive group.

I'm not sure what your being disabled has to do with this discussion up to this point, but I'm sorry if you feel that we have not been supportive of you. My posts have been in an attempt to help you, as have been most here. My earlier comment regarding people who might request the replacement disc without having bought it was not directed at you personally being dishonest, just an explanation that some people may behave that way; therefore, it is necessary for the studio to ask for the original back when issuing replacements. Someone might be, so therefore all of us should be expected to return defective discs.

As I have also said to you before, it seems to me from your description that Sherri is able to give you MOD replacements of at least some of the titles that you are seeking. I advise that you take them. I sincerely doubt that you will find something better than what she is offering you.

Kevin Wedman

Agent
Real Name
Kevin
I'm not sure what your being disabled has to do with this discussion up to this point, but I'm sorry if you feel that we have not been supportive of you. My posts have been in an attempt to help you, as have been most here. My earlier comment regarding people who might request the replacement disc without having bought it was not directed at you personally being dishonest, just an explanation that some people may behave that way; therefore, it is necessary for the studio to ask for the original back when issuing replacements. Someone might be, so therefore all of us should be expected to return defective discs.

As I have also said to you before, it seems to me from your description that Sherri is able to give you MOD replacements of at least some of the titles that you are seeking. I advise that you take them. I sincerely doubt that you will find something better than what she is offering you.
It seems to me you misunderstood what I wrote. I ask that you please go back and re-read what I wrote. That will require some compassion on your part.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It seems to me you misunderstood what I wrote. I ask that you please go back and re-read what I wrote. That will require some compassion on your part.
If you can't get satisfaction from Warner there is nothing else we can do for you here. Also, we either cease with the personal comments or I'll have to deal with such comments in another way and that applies to all of us.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
If you can't get satisfaction from Warner there is nothing else we can do for you here. Also, we either cease with the personal comments or I'll have to deal with such comments in another way and that applies to all of us.
My way of dealing with the situation that has arisen is to place the main cause on my "ignore" list and that's what I'm doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks