Warner DVD's not working thread - watch to make sure they still play

Rob_Ray

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Great hearing from you, John!

1. I haven't had any trouble at all with my Warner Archive DVD-Rs after that original pressing problem at the very start of the program. I find the DVD-Rs much more reliable than Warner's pressed discs and pressed discs in general.

2. No opinion but I haven't had any issues.

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
that is defective. I wrote to WB and no reply. someone, please help me resolve this issue. Thanks so much. Kevin
Which Errol Flynn Signature Collection are you talking about, Volume One or Two? Also, which Bette Davis DVD is defective?

Reactions: Darby67

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
# 2 all 5 are defective and
There are several reports in this thread about those DVDs in Volume 2 not working. A few weeks back I checked my boxset and had zero problems with any of those discs. WA does offer replacement discs, but with the "stay at home" order in California, disc replacements aren't happening right now. There is a contact person at Warner, Sherri Bogard. I don't have her email address, but I'm sure somebody else will provide it to you so please, be patient and continue to read this thread.

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
IN THIS OUR LIFE IS DEFECTIVE also
That's another DVD that's been reported as defective in this thread. The same applies to that disc as I provided in my prior post.

Kevin Wedman

Agent
Real Name
Kevin
There are several reports in this thread about those DVDs in Volume 2 not working. A few weeks back I checked my boxset and had zero problems with any of those discs. WA does offer replacement discs, but with the "stay at home" order in California, disc replacements aren't happening right now. There is a contact person at Warner, Sherri Bogard. I don't have her email address, but I'm sure somebody else will provide it to you so please, be patient and continue to read this thread.
Thank you. I would be grateful for anyone who has her email address or anyone that works. I am disappointed these DVD s are defective. they won't play. I have researched with a friend, they won't play. Thanks so much. I would think WB would stand behind defective WB merchandise.

TheSteig

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
She will reply just give her time and check your SPAM folder. It's good that they re-released many of them via MOD DVDr so we can get free replacements, but dammit I want Blu-rays for these movies !

Kevin Wedman

Agent
Real Name
Kevin
Thanks so much. I will email her and hope to hear back I will let you know.

Cnjp

Auditioning
Real Name
Joseph
Seems the problems are mostly 2006-2008 discs produced at the Pennsylvania Cinram plant. It'd be good to confirm that all affected discs were indeed manufactured at that plant by sharing the mould IFPI number (small text in the clear plastic at the very center of the disc). If the disc was manufactured at that plant, it should say "IFPI 2U**", with different numbers/letters in place of those two *'s. The "2U" is the factory code, and the final two characters are the machine code, and there were likely multiple machines at that one factory. We might even be able to narrow it down to specific machines, though that might be a pipedream - it depends on what the root cause of the problem is.
Do you happen to know if any DVDs with an IFPI mould code of 2V**, rather than 2U**, also have problems?

jcroy

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
IFPI 2V** appears to be an old WEA/Cinram plant in Commerce, California. Not much information online about this cd/dvd disc manufacturing plant.

It appears to have disappeared sometime in the mid-late 2000s. For example on discogs, not many listings show up after 2005-6.

Reactions: Cnjp

Tony Bensley

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Do you happen to know if any DVDs with an IFPI mould code of 2V**, rather than 2U**, also have problems?
The code on my GOLD RAIDERS (1951)/MEET THE BARON (1933) DVD appears to read IFPI L908 M1S2. There is an additional sequence of letters and numbers that are a bit difficult to make out, as they're partially under the center edge of the DVD label. From what I can best tell it is 2V 83791.1B VC02.

GOLD RAIDERS won't play at all, so the short answer to your question would appear to be yes.

CHEERS! :)

P.S. Here are a couple of screenshots of my GOLD RAIDERS/MEET THE BARON DVD. Sorry the photos are a bit less than crystal clear and razor sharp!
IMG_20200601_151122.jpg
IMG_20200601_151052.jpg

jcroy

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
If I had to guess, this Wea/Cinram disc manufacturing plant in Commerce, California was probably shut down during the great recession of the late 2000s.

Cnjp

Auditioning
Real Name
Joseph
The code on my GOLD RAIDERS (1951)/MEET THE BARON (1933) DVD appears to read IFPI L908 M1S2. There is an additional sequence of letters and numbers that are a bit difficult to make out, as they're partially under the center edge of the DVD label. From what I can best tell it is 2V 83791.1B VC02.
I think the codes on the silver part of the DVD are related to the master code, rather than the mould code. The mould code is really small and printed on the clear center section of the disc.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessnick