- Dec 27, 2011
- Real Name
- William Edwards
Just finishing watching Captain Blood and it played fine.
i have had no luck with getting "Female" (Ruth Chatterton) on the Forbidden Hollywood Vol. 2 to play past 30 minutes. I have tried it on 7 players. This includes a rental I got from Classic Flix to see if it was just something in the pressing. You guys seem to confirm that was the problem....
I'm fortunate with my TCM Laurel and Hardy Collection, in that only the semi damaged hub on the casing has become an issue. I did successfully play both Laurel and Hardy Features not very long ago, along with the TCM Original Hollywood Shorts Story DVD.I'm in my new home (which just happens to be in a much drier climate) and have started sorting through and organizing my movie collection - a perfect opportunity to get some discs ready for Sherri! Anyway, here is my tentative list of discs that I plan to send back for replacements within a month or so:
1. Hollywood Legends of Horror set (Dr X, The Mask of Fu Manchu, etc.) - all three discs have rotted
2. Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol. 4 - all four discs have rotted
3. Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol. 5 - all four discs have rotted
4. Tex Avery's Droopy: The Complete Theatrical Collection - both discs rotted
5. TCM Archives Laurel and Hardy Collection - both discs rotted
6. TCM Spotlight Myrna Loy and William Powell Collection - seemingly only Double Wedding has rotted. The other discs look fine, but I guess the entire collection has to go back.
7. The Errol Flynn Signature Collection Vol 2 - all five discs have rotted.
8. TCM Archives Forbidden Hollywood Collection Vol 2 - the first two discs have rotted. The third disc (the one with Night Nurse) seems to be fine.
Again, I may be adding a few more titles to the list as I continue going through my discs. My Popeye collections seem to be fine, but given reports I've seen I will really scrutinize those discs when I have a little more time.