What's new

Warner DVD-Audio discs $13.99 at circuitcity.com! (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Www.circuitcity.com has Warner DVD-Audio discs for $13.99 each! Go to their home page and click on "Music". Then click on "Shop for SACD/DVD Audio Discs". You will then see an option that say "Browse all DVD-Audio" (and "Browse all SACD").
Circuitcity.com has 140 DVD-Audio discs. I am surprised by this since I have never seen DVD-Audio discs in their stores. Have they started carrying the discs in the stores?
They also have 210 SACDs on the web site, meaning they have many more titles online than in the store. Sony SACDs are priced identical to what you will find at their stores. Overall, their prices on SACDs are not compelling. The Warner DVD-Audio discs are a real bargain.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Phil. Ironically, I did not see DVD-Audio discs on Best Buy's web site, yet they do have them in the store.

Micahel C

Stunt Coordinator
One thing to watch on their dvd-a list is that like the Tower Records site, they have a lot of Classic DAD's listed as dvd audio discs which they aren't. In addition they're showing several dvd-a titles in stock that haven't been released yet.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Micahel, I saw that. Circuitcity.com also lists some SACDs that aren't out yet. Pre-ordering them might not accomplish anything. In addition, they still have Aerosmith Rocks listed on back-order for $24.99. :rolleyes
They also list a two-disc Simple Minds SACD set as being in stock for $44.99. It's pricey. Is it an import? I seem to recall reading something about this set somewhere. Probably Audio Asylum.

Micahel C

Stunt Coordinator
They also list a two-disc Simple Minds SACD set as being in stock for $44.99. It's pricey. Is it an import? I seem to recall reading something about this set somewhere. Probably Audio Asylum.
Keith, Based on the price and that the label is EMI Int, I'd have to say it's an Euro import. I remember reading the same thing. I checked Brian Moura's site, but can't find it listed, but that may just mean it's stereo only. Probably need to do a search on it at AA. What I thought was really strange is that they have the Bryan Ferry: Frantic dvd-a (also from EMI Int) but not the sacd version. You'd think they have both. It too is pricey at $35.99. I've found it elsewhere for $28.95. I've been thinking about picking up both versions of it so as to see how much difference I can hear between them.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
John,
No problem. I will probably do the same, as I still haven't picked up the Paul Simon, Eric Clapton, Clapton & King, and Doobie Brothers discs.
Micahel,
I had noticed the the Simple Minds SACD is from EMI International. Again, it is pricey on circuitcity.com but it is also not easy to find. I was hoping that they would have the Human League Dare! SACD, which is a Virgin title that was not released in the US. Since they don't have it, I will probably have to order it from www.superaudio-cd.com . They might have the Simple Minds title as well.
If you get the Bryan Ferry SACD and DVD-Audio disc, I'd be curious to hear the results of a comparison.

Micahel C

Stunt Coordinator
Keith, Save your self a few bucks. The Human League: Dare sacd is available thorough Music Direct. It's listed on page 16 of their sacd list. Their catalog number is CVIRSA1265. Priced at $29.99. It's sister release Tangerine Dream: Rubycon, catalog number CVIRSA1263 is available as well at the same price.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Michael, thanks for the suggestion of Music Direct. I thought Superaudio-cd.com had the Human League SACD for $25 USD, but I guess I am wrong. Admittedly, I haven't visited that web site in a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread