What's new

Warner Chat.... (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i just want to take this opportunity to apologize to both WB and the HTF'ers here.
immediately after the chat last yr, i made a glib post mocking what i percieved to be their curious view towards certain titles.

while typing it up i thought i was being clever and funny, but it was really pretty classless and i regret doing it especially after i went back a few days later and re-read a few of the other chat transcripts.
the people from Warner were enormously enthusiastic and very candid. thats the most you can ask for- especially when some other studios wouldn't seem to give us the time of day if we asked.
i'm glad that crass behaviour like that didn't give them pause about doing this again.

and 3 hours seems like a generous amount of time.
Frankly, besides thanking them for the excellant product of the last 12 months, there really isn't a whole lot i have to know now.
the majority of the titles i care about have either been released or are in the pipe and coming eventually.
i can wait paitently.

oh and on the subject of snappers-
while i would prefer all my discs to be housed in the most durable packaging possible, i have to say from a graphic design stand-point, Warner is far and away the best studio out there.
Original advertising art the majority of the time.
Besides, i can always scan it and make my own amaray case , if i want.
snappers are just not a big deal to me anymore.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Can we pre-type all of our questions to c&p for the chat and is their a limit on the number of inquiries we can make?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
We expect well over 100 people to attend.

Honestly, I don't think everyone will have a chance
to ask a question.

We will permit 1 question and 1 turn to try to get
as many people in as time affords.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael

Robert, you should have a look at the rather lengthy "Police Academy" thread....

....but to sum it up, the site you mentioned is posting incorrect info. Warner's official press release clearly states that parts 4 & 5 are full frame only.

William Waits

Stunt Coordinator
Do keep in mind, that although I can't stand snappers (could you guess?), and I hope that someone gets a chance to inquire about their (hopeful) demise, I am by no means advocating a witch hunt or an all out attack on WB with regards to "trying to get them to answer" or try to push them over the edge... I appreciate their time and willingness to share information, and wouldn't want to jeopardize future HTF chats because of someone's perceived personal agenda. I still think that they try to sidestep some issues when asked directly, and would hope, that if asked, something other than "titlle-by-title" response would be forthcoming, but there is no need for anyone to show their rears about it... We already have some studios unwilling to do chats because of some "zealots"... Let's don't supply them with any more ammunition to shoot back at us folks!

Bill

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I'll be in Florida when the chat is held.

Too bad, really...I had a question to ask about some 80s titles.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Which Warner title in particular? Here's a riddle: What do The Go-Gos, Oingo Boingo and Klaus Nomi have in common?

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
I know we are not supposed to discuss our intended questions here in advance, but I have a doubt I have not been able to solve.

If I can get one of those much coveted question-turns on the chat, I mean to ask about two of my favourite WB titles yet to be released (in compliance to HTF rules, I am not dsclosing which ones), but there's a third film whose ownership I have not been able to figure out: Paul Schrader's "The Comfort of Strangers".

According to IMDB, distribution rights are in hands of some tiny european company (only 45 or so films are listed for them), but I guess some other major studio would be releasing it when the time comes, if ever.

Anybody knows what studio should I ask to?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Press releases has been known to be incorrect too. I agree there is some misinformation about both of those title releases whether it's Lasersedge site or Warner's press release. Maybe, we should ascertain what's the correct information before we jump all over Warner first?

Crawdaddy

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I'm really looking forward to this chat. Great job by Warners, I'm sure it will memorable.

Ryan_Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Warner is the GOLD standard for both dvd and tv on disc at an affordable price. Time to revisit some of the titles we have asked about in the past and received "no plans to release at this time" response.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm, bummer I think I might be on Spring break when this chat goes down, will have to read the transcript later though. I am curious to find out the real truth about the Police academy box, but I would also like to thank them for the good work they've done in the past year, and for their new commitment to animation, I think that the studios should get props when they do good things.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael

It's been verified. Paul Russell from Link Removed talked to a few folks at WB and confirmed it. The FF-only info has been posted just about everywhere.

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
I doubt that just two years ago, any HTF members would have believed that Warner would ever win "studio of the year" from the membership here. But their turnaround has been amazing, and impressive. Most of my favorite releases during 2003 came from WB, and I've already purchased 13 titles from them in 2004, and February has barely begun.

I hate the snappers too, but it's what's on the disc that counts. This studio is tops in my book hands down.

I'm really looking forward to the chat. It's great that the studio is willing to dedicate that much time (3 hours!) to listen to what the membership here has to say. I'm definitely not going to miss it!

Thanks to the HTF for giving us this great opportunity to talk to WB.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I am looking forward to the Warner chat more than I could for any other studio because there are SO many re-releases I am interest in. Can't wait.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Question removed by owner - Do not post questions here or hint at what you wish to talk about, please

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

On that site, I can't find any information about the specifications for those two Police Academy films.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks