What's new

Warner Chat 2-26-07 (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am wondering when we might see Lethal Weapon 3 & 4 in HD? I am alittle disapointed that LW was not released with directors cut's. But I am just glad to have LW 1 & 2 in HD.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I really wish we would know when the Blu-ray "catch up" titles will be released.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
It was really great to have the guys from WB here at HTF. I have been a big fan of the movies for a very long time and have many of there movies in my personal collection. I was disapointed that most of the questions asked where about really old films. I was not lucky enough to get yo typed in fast enough so I was unable to ask any questions. I would have liked to see more questions asked about newer films. Again WB was very nice in being involved yesterday and answering our questions and I hope they come back again very soon. I would like to see more chats with other studios as well in the near future.

I would have loved to know if any of the following are scheduled for HD release in the next year or two? And when the might be released:
  • Lethal Weapon 3 & 4
  • Battlefield Earth
  • Bourne Identity
  • Memphis Belle
  • The Matrix Trilogy
  • Batman Quadrilogy
  • Superman 3 & 4
  • The Negotiator
  • Twister
  • US Marshals
  • Outbreak
I really enjoyed the HD release of Mutiny On The Bounty, all I can say is wow great job WB! I would like to say great job WB on the great job that was done on titles like Batman Begins, Constantine, Full Metal Jacket, Lady In The Water, Superman Returns and Unforgiven! Constantine was just visually awsum and had a good story line to go with it. They Dolby True HD was engaging and dynamic. I am very happy with Unforgiven and have never seen that title look as good as it does on HD-DVD. I also have WB titles on Blu-ray and since I will be supporting Blu-ray for the most part I look forward to getting more and more WB titles in the future. And since Universal does not seem to be interested in supporting HD at this time some of that money will find its way to WB to buy even more WB titles. ;)

Films like Harry Potter, Lethal Weapon, Superman and the Matrix will definanly by purchased on Blu-ray and will be in my collection as soon as they are available. Along with other non WB titles like Pirates Of The Caribbean and Lord Of The Rings.

Again thank you WB for being involved in the online chat yesterday and I look forward to seeing and collecting more WB films in the future. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Same here and I'm really glad someone asked about them.

The lack of any date info causes me to wonder if the HD-DVD sales rate for some of these titles (particularly older and/or niche titles like Forbidden Planet) just wasn't good enough for Warner to concentrate putting them out at this time. Especially when I hear comments(/rumors?) about BluRay production facilities running at full speed just to release the titles we are seeing now.

To give them credit we have already seem some "catch up" titles but they've been mostly larger titles, like Goodfellas, which I'm sure sell a much higher volume.

PattyFraser

Second Unit
Sorry to see no one asked abut Far From the Madding Crowd (Warner does own this, don't they?) but glad to see more Greer Garson coming. Hopefully When Ladies Meet will be included in either this or in the promised upcoming Joan Crawford stuff.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Lots of interesting news from the chat. I'm especially excited about the Blade Runner set and the fact that we're going to see some more Kubrick in HD.

Jay Foster

Stunt Coordinator
I missed the chat but since WB reads this forum:

I like the combo discs. I use the SD side to play in the car or in the airport. I thought many of us here were a bunch of AV nuts and would have dvd players in our cars and portable ones for airports/flying.

So keep the combos coming!

And, please get me every Matrix movie and Harry Potter movie on HD right away.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
THRILLED to see Jame Whale's superior version of SHOW BOAT is in the works!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks