What's new

Warner Bros. - We want a Director's Edition of Superman IV (1 Viewer)

A member of the superman through the ages forums has asked me to add him to the petition. AKA The Starchild, member since 20 Feb 2003:

"Please count me in. Superman IV has really gotten the short end of the stick which is very unfortunate because it's one of the best of the Superman films. I'd put it far above II and III, maybe even above I. The Clark Kent/Superman/Lois character development portions are absolutely wonderful, the story is great, and the whole thing, as it was originally intended to be seen, should be made available.

I remember seeing it when it first came and thinking that it seemed dissapointingly short and abbreviated. It's far past the time that this should be fixed."

Jools_S

Agent
Put my name on the petition too.

I can't see how the footage could be destroyed (but then again....).

Considering all the footage for film 1 was stored at Pinewood, and I expect 2 and 3 as well, the footage for 4 could be there as well.

John Stockton

Second Unit
Please add my name as well. I saw this film first show on opening day and the whole film seemed so rushed with so many plot holes. It was not until many years later that I found out that more than 40 min of the film had been cut.

I would love to see the original 134 min as well. I will be first in line to get it.

Jo_C

Second Unit
Here's another player to be added in the "Superman IV" game...MGM! MGM acquired a majority of the Cannon Films library shortly after Cannon folded (with the exceptions of Cannon films currently being distributed by Warner Home Video, the rights to those particular films are now with Warner).

Today, MGM shares the copyright to "Superman IV" with Warner, since this was originally a Cannon/WB co-production. Publicity photos of "Superman IV" are accessible in the MGM Clip and Still licensing link at the official MGM page.

Is it quite possible that a company about to be acquired by a Sony/Comcast partnership can lead us to the missing footage? The mind boggles...

Mihovilovicm, from the internet movie database boards has asked to be added to the petition,leaving the following comments:

"Well, an extended version could be a good idea. Count with my vote.
I'm sure that WB could put a little work in this movie and launch some sort of "Collector Set" with special editions of the four movies (supposing too that is true that there is some kind of "extended version" of Superman 1 as is mentioned in other post in these forums and... why not of the other films too?).
Anyway, if a extended version is not possible, maybe WB could put the final edited version of the movie, together with the Justice League of America live action TV pilot, in a collection of "GREAT IDEAS / REALLY BAD MOVIES" DVDs".

Stewart Gregory

Auditioning
Well you can count me in on any Superman film to be redited and released.

I rented the tape in 88 and saw of photo of Superman fighting the first nukster. The picture was on the back cover! I remember watching that tape a gazillion times and I didn't see them (duh!)

The only advice I can give is Anchor Bay "the mecca of DVD home entertaiment" to buy up every copyright of Superman IV and search for the missing scenes. Like they did with Supergirl. If it's a wasted investment atleast release a European copy with features for god sake!!!

WB will never release this. And I Godamn hate them for it!

Toodles

Mohsan Ali from Oslo, Norway has asked me to add him to the petition.
"Sign me on for the Superman: The Quest for Peace Petition"

JuliusForward

Auditioning
:emoji_thumbsup:

Put my name on that petition - it's a disgrace that Chris Reeve's swansong as Supes was edited into such a piece of rubbish!!

Surely he and the fans deserve better?

No doubt a full length director's cut DVD of Superman IV would sell - are u listening Warner?!

-Julius-

'queb' from the internet movie database boards has asked me to add him to the petition, he left the following comment:
" yeah we need this to come out. superman IV would be so much better with the added scenes i'm sure"

'oriental_stranger-1' from the internet movie database boards has asked me to add him to the petition. He left the following comments:
"Yes, Superman 4 should be re-released with all its cut scenes, especially all the parts towards the end where Superman takes Jeremy for a ride in the sky and explains his view of the world to him (Go to Superman Cinema to see what I'm on about). Apart from making it a much complete and better movie, perhaps it will get the message in peoples head that we live in ONE world and stop all this hate in the world and people killing each other in war and by other extremist means... as Superman says "I wish you can see the Earth like I do... because end of the day.. it's just one world"

There's a lot of meaningful messages in this film and if people actually take on some of these messages, the world wouldn't be in the state it is in now.

Make it happen WB... Stop making meaningless sequels like Superman Returns... there's more to life than realizing that the woman you love has now had a child and has moved on...

Make it happen!"

Donny Anderson
Stafford, VA, USA

AKA 'donnywolf' from the internet movie database boards has asked me to add him to the petition. "sign me up"

Rok Sawell
Moravske Toplice, Slovenia
AKA 'DarthScorpious' from the internet movie database boards has asked me to add him to the petition. "Sign me up too"

"i just rented supes 3 on dvd its decent. i remember watching 4 when i was a kid but i would love to see a directors cut. so count me in"

Jim Maghes (aka 'JimothyJimmie' from imdb boards)
Stow,Ohio

'chuckcasano' (from internet movie database boards)
"Yes please count me in, I would like to be put on the petition to see an extended cut of SIV. Thanks".

MattFini

Supporting Actor
An Extended Cut of Superman IV ? Yes. I would buy that in an instant!! I already own the whole Superman collection and would gladly double dip for a part IV recut (or a whole new box set with recuts of parts II and IV).

Come on Warner Bros., spend some money on this and you'll make a boatload.

yaniv

Auditioning
i would love to buy a superman IV special edition ( please include all avilable footage )!!!

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
If it's at all possible for there to be a restored version of SUPERMAN IV, add me to the list of those who would buy it in a heartbeat. I actually wrote a letter that was published in Video Review back in the fall of 1987 asking for a restored SUPERMAN IV, and it would be nice to see nearly twenty years later! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks