Warner Bros / The Avengers full cut

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Osato, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Osato

Osato Producer

Warner Bros. Thank you for The Avengers on DVD. I would be interested in owning the full cut of the film on DVD.
    Thank you,

2. Tim_Prasuhn

Tim_Prasuhn Stunt Coordinator

So would I. The film, in it's current state, is a mess, but there are moments of delightful surreality and absurdity that hint at what we're not seeing. And the scene in the mansion (with the escher-ish feel) was fantastic (and the only scene that truely worked).

It's a financial opportunity as well. No one is gonna pick this flick up in the stores anymore, so why not boost sales with a new (or, old, if you think about it) cut of the film.

3. Anthony Neilson

Anthony
    Tims -

I'd buy that too. I doubt a new release could rectify the dreadful miscasting but I know the film'd make a lot more sense with the cut footage restored. There are also many good things about it - the title sequence, the wasp robots and the scenes set in a snow-bound London as well as the moments you mention.

I'm not going to hold my breath for it, though.[​IMG]

4. Jim C

Jim C Second Unit

I would love to see this happen too. The current DVD is one of my 'guilty pleasures' and I know there was a huge amout of footage cut from the film. You'd be surprised how many people out there want this to happen.

5. Osato

Osato Producer

6. Avengerholic

Avengerholic Auditioning

As a huge fan and collector of the Avengers movie since 1997, I too would love to see the this film restored to its original state. With an alleged 32 minutes or more missing from the screened print it would certainly made an interesting release as a Directors Cut on DVD.

7. Xss

Xss Auditioning

Right now I think about two movies I would love to see in their director's cut...
    The 13th Warrior, and of course...The Avengers. The current cut is actually half great, half terrible terrible terrible : as someone said it, a mess. But that does not prevent you from seing what a good movie The Avengers could have been.

8. Toxie

Toxie Auditioning

This would make a brilliant DVD release, hopefully Warner Brothers will re-visit the film soon.

9. Osato

Osato Producer

Thanks for those who posted and signed! I really think this would be a great release! The film is completed including score. It just needs to be release by Warner Bros on DVD. HD-DVD would even be a nice move in my opinion. Just watched the film again recently and think it would be a lot better with more detail and some of the cuts in the theatrical version create continuity problems.

10. Avengerholic

Avengerholic Auditioning

Its a terrific film (only ruined by the dreadful 11th hour editing) visually stunning. C'mon Warner release the full cut [​IMG]