What's new

warner bros snips "South Park" commentary (1 Viewer)

PienSavaca

Stunt Coordinator
this is BS.....
from zap2it.com....
An audio commentary track is not among the extras, however. Distributor Warner Bros. apparently wanted to edit some of the comments made by creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker, but "Trey and I simply love the sounds of our own voices too much to let this happen," Stone says. "We also believe in a little thang called the First Amendment."
Instead, their commentary will be available on a separate audio CD. People who order the DVD set through comedycentral.com will receive the CD for free. Those who buy it at retail outlets can get the CD for the cost of shipping and handling by mailing in a proof of purchase.
How about a disclaimer, like every other friggin commentary?
Order at Comedy Central's rip-off prices, or cut up my property to get what should have been there to begin with?!?!?!? NO SALE!!!
-----
full text of this travesty:
http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?28771
-----

PienSavaca

Stunt Coordinator
whoops... just saw other thread in other section.
Can I help it if I post in the correct forum and no one else does? ;)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I already have the previously released DVDs, so there doesn't seem to be any reason for me to buy this if there's no commentary. I'll buy the season sets that have the episodes after Volume 6 though.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
doh

Highly annoying, but at least they're available in some form instead of just vanishing into the ether

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
I just about went through the roof when I saw this tid bit of info posted over at the bits. Warner, when will you understand the the true fans of this series want the extras such as audio commentaries? For me, even more so on a series like South Park than on a movie. Stop telling us what you think we should be able to listen to...if we are fans of the show, we are used to it. If it was a decision of space and/or quality I would understand, but it is neither. WB was a leader in the launch of the DVD format. At the time, Contact was one of the best DVDs out content wise. You have failed to keep up with the curve. WB is about at the same level as Disney in my book right now, as far as censoring. While this isn't really censoring, its not including what YOU think we can't handle because something offensive may be said and some yahoo out there will pitch a fit. I already bought the orignal releases when Rhino did it right. When Rhino stopped, so did I...I refused to buy them if they weren't at least in an order that made sense. I planned on buying the Season sets because of the commentary, but now i don't see a reason to. No sale.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
redundant...

Anyways.... WB isn't near the censorship powerhouse Disney is. Do you see any of their DVDs with "original and uncut" on the front only to be censored? No.

Yes, their Tom & Jerry DVD has a scene censored, but at least it isn't touted as restored, uncut, and original.

And if this so bad, why hasn't anything been done about Disney's censored DVDs? It's ok for Disney to get away with it while it's not for Comedy Central?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks