What's new

Warner Bros. One more feature for Empire of the Sun (1 Viewer)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Warner Bros.:
First, thank you so much for finally releasing Empire of the Sun on dvd. It's wonderful you've put both the trailer and LD docu on the disc; rather than simply releasing it bare bones.
I would like to make one small suggestion though. A feature that would greatly add to the value of the dvd for me and many others. Would you please add a 5.1 isolated score track to the dvd? Empire of the Sun has (what i feel is) one of John Williams best scores. I understand that often dvds do not have isolated scores because of space or rights consideration. However, I think Empire of the Sun is not currently top heavy with material; and my soundtrack cd shows that it was produced by Warner Bros. records Inc., so I wouldn't think that rights would be a major problem.
Thank you so much for your time, and for finally releasing Empire of the Sun.
Adam

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Yes! Please add this feature if possible, it would be greatly appreciated as the score is fantastic!
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

Matt_P

Second Unit
Greetings, Warner!
I wanted to express my appreciation for releasing one of Spielberg's greatest films. I anxiously await its arrival.
Restating what I mentioned in the Empire of the Sun thread located on the Software page, I too would like to see an isolated 5.1 score track. John Williams' masterful score deserves to be heard in all its glory.
Thank you for your time.
------------------
"Memory can change the shape of a room; it can change the color of a car. And memories can be distorted. They're just an interpretation, they're not a record, and they're irrelevant if you have the facts." - Leonard Shelby, MEMENTO

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Actually, two more features...
DTS, please. At least you can say: "hey, it was a Spielberg film."
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Yeah...there you go...
Especially the isolated score...beautiful music...
DTS would add value as well...
------------------
"Staying home from school?"
"Yeah, Mom's afraid I'll get kidnapped too."

Craig Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator
DTS and an isolated score!!!!!!!!!
icon14.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks