Warner Bros / New Line, Interested in doubling retail profits off existing DVD's?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MarcoBiscotti, Jul 13, 2004.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Re-issue your current snappers (Interview With A Vampire, Meatballs, Willy Wonka: 30th Ann, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Boiler Room, Final Destination, etc.) with exact specs in regular amarays and I will rebuy every single title and trade or sell my current versions!

Now that WB has seemingly abandoned the much-hated snapper format, I would really like to replace or update my current copies and being an obsessive compulsive when it comes to the condition and quality of my collection, I have no interest in doing this myself with "custom" jobs.

Please consider, the worst case scenario: the new production would simply replace existing versions as they're slowly sold off. Best scenario: people like myself would be willing to double-dip and more income would go into existing titles that people have already purchased before. This would be especially effective on Special Edition titles that have already been re-released.

I $hould really be a marketing rep.

Normally, I'm not for this practice and do not support any DVD releases that are not done carefully and with effort and enthusiasm the first time around, but if it will replace my current dented up, out-of-place cardboard cases I'll willingly purchase.

Thanks.

2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Then I'll buy all the titles in snapper cases before they're all gone! [​IMG]
    How bout reissuing Meatballs with the original Rick Dees song?

3. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

I'd go for just the cover art page. We could just order the pages we want either by themselves or with a blank case.

Glenn

4. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Glenn, that's a great idea actually...

Imagine if the studios had a resource similair to what DVDCoverArt.com was, that offered custom alternative professional cover art for all their releases, but were oficially licensed and studio produced.

That would actually prove a great source of income for the studios as people could never complain about "bad" cover art on a new release again if the option to order professional alternatives, concept art or the theatrical poster art were to be made available at a small price. They could ship out in keepcases for around $4 - think of how many of us here would be willing to support something like this...

Every time I placed an order online at Amazon, Video Universe, Digital Eyes, etc. I'd follow it up with a cover purchase. That would essentially be an extra $3-5 studio profit on a significant margin of every DVD release issued.

I think that would be a really excellent idea that would cost the studios little finance and involvement yet turn out a decent profit.

I do think my original idea seems a little more realistic and possible however. I hope WB or New Line consider reissuing older copies in new keepcases...