Warner Bros. flipper discs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MattHenderson, Nov 27, 2002.

1. MattHenderson

I don't mean to be picky, but not coming from the LaserDisc side of things I prefer to have the whole film on one side of a disc (except when not possible without sacrificing quality, as in "Gone with the Wind" or "Lawrence of Arabia"). I held off on purchasing "Goodfellas" for a while because it was a flipper disc, but finally went for it a year or two after it came out. I never bought the old "Amadeus" or "JFK" discs, but thankfully Warner Bros. chose to reissue those titles as Special Editions. When are they going to give the same treatment to "Goodfellas" and "The Wild Bunch" (which I still haven't purchased)? Any chance we'll see these in 2003?

2. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    Goodfellas SE should be coming next year as a 2-disc SE.

3. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    Am hoping WB will re-do THE WILD BUNCH, which was a pretty good transfer but could be better, as a DVD-9. Also am really hoping for a 2-disc special edition (a la AMADEUS) of ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN, and re-master of WITCHES OF EASTWICK (too soft).

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I had heard that A Colour Purple would be coming soon as well. Any more word?

5. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

I have been holding off buying All the President's Men, and would definitely buy an SE. They're fixing up Driving Miss Daisy, so now I just wish they would re-release the two flippers I own - Sleepers and The Pelican Brief.

6. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

Robin Hood: Prince of Theives is the only one that I now own that is a flipper. The transfer is horrible to boot so I would buy a new edition in a heartbeat.

7. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

I also hope they go back and make A Time To Kill a single sided disc.
    Bruce