What's new

Warner Bros Archive Wish List 2022 and Beyond!! (1 Viewer)

apearson28

Auditioning
Real Name
Austin
Matt: I could have provided a list at least 3 times as long, on which I most definitely would have included Two Weeks with Love, along with

The Toast of New Orleans
Small Town Girl
Give a Girl a Break
Personal Property
Saratoga
The Girl of the Golden West
Rio Rita
Test Pilot
China Seas
The Barretts of Wimpole Street
Evelyn Prentice
Broadway Melody of 1936/38
Lady Be Good
The Merry Widow (both versions)
The Student Prince
Dancing Lady
Idiot's Delight
Possessed
A Day at the Races
Captains Courageous
A Yank at Oxford
Anna Karenina
Camille
Tarzan the Ape Man
Letty Lynton
Double Wedding
The Picture Snatcher
The Roaring Twenties
Gold Diggers of 1935/37
Gentleman Jim
The Prince and the Pauper
The Singing Nun
The Life of Emile Zola
Footsteps in the Dark
A Stolen Life
The Great Lie
In This Our Life
Cinderella Jones
The Enchanted Cottage
Vivacious Lady
Alice Adams
Little Women (both versions)
The Gay Divorcee
Follow the Fleet
The Little Foxes
Kitty Foyle
Ball of Fire
I Walked With A Zombie
The 7th Victim
Higher and Higher
Up In Arms
I Remember Mama
Dream Wife
Clash by Night
The Man on the Eiffel Tower
The Narrow Margin
Starlift
Macao
Angel Face
The Great Waltz
Honolulu
Young Dr. Kildare
Love Crazy
The Human Comedy
Our Vines Have Tender Grapes
Her Highness and the Bellboy
Easy to Wed
Cynthia
The Flame and the Arrow
Captain Horatio Hornblower
Springfield Rifle
The Spirit of St. Louis
A Summer Place
Nancy Goes to Rio
Young Bess

along with remastered editions of
A Star is Born (1954) (in 4K)
The Bishop's Wife
The Best Years of Our Lives
The Music Man (in 4K)

...you get my point. Concessions have to be made. In my opinion, this would be my 'second tier' list of choices for consideration, after tier one had already been satisfied.
A lot of great titles here that I want!

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
I would love to see the searchers and wild bunch which are prolific films in any genre and a head scratcher why they haven't been put on 4k, but I do hope Friendly Persuasion and Splendour in the Grass get bluray treatment atleast.
I'm 10000% in agreement with you here about The Wild Bunch and The Searchers !

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
A lot of great titles here that I want!
On that list, I would want only 3 - The Roaring Twenties, the upgrade of The Best Years of Our Lives and Lang's Clash By Night. Very surprised I AM A FUGITIVE FROM A CHAIN GANG isn't on anyone's list and I bet you that will make it's appearance soon. It is 1000% pure, authentic Warner Bros. - socially relevant (STILL socially relevant), gritty, so well directed by M Leroy and with one of the great stars of that era. And it is on the National Film Registry list. It's one of the major WB (not MGM, not RKO) films of the 30s.

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
I'm 10000% in agreement with you here about The Wild Bunch and The Searchers !
from another site "Our retail sources are now telling us to expect Warner Bros. Home Entertainment to release John Huston’s The Maltese Falcon (1941) and Stuart Rosenberg’s Cool Hand Luke (1967) on 4K UHD on 4/11, followed by Nicholas Ray’s Rebel Without a Cause (1955) on 4/25." I think The Searchers and The WIld Bunch are in line for an eventual 4k release. All those titles are stone cold 100% true Warner Bros. foundational titles.

DarkVader

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
Three releases from 1970 would be most welcome in my collection:

Antonioni's "Zabriskie Point"
"The Strawberry Statement"
"The Magic Garden of Stanley Sweetheart"

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
"The Man I Love " with Ida Lupino
I wonder how many millions it would cost to bring that up to Warner Archive's Blu-ray standard. The DVD-R is not encouraging.
It’s available in Amazon Italy on Blu ray

one owner gave it an excellent review

That looks like a bootleg. Amazon don't mention Warner in their product description.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
That's a good idea.

Well maybe not 10x, but an increase in output would certainly be welcome. At the current rate too many titles will simply never make it.
After almost 3 years off line, the team needs to roll out slow and steady and work up to a full run. From the musings from Mr George, it seems to be right on track.
The old addage of "the watched Pot" holds true, even more so with this situation. The last thing any of us wants is for someone to get a charlie horse in mid production, LOL!!
hey dude nicksplat GIF

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Bathing Beauty
High Society
Red Dust
The Damned Don't Cry
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Mickey Rooney)
The Prisoner of Zenda (Ronald Colman)
Marie Antoinette
That Midnight Kiss
Royal Wedding
The Belle of New York
Maytime
Naughty Marietta
Rose Marie (Nelson Eddie/Jeanette MacDonald version only)
Ryan's Daughter
Random Harvest
Holiday in Mexico
Mrs. Parkington
The White Cliffs of Dover
Love Finds Andy Hardy
Week-end at the Waldorf
Scaramouche
Captain Blood
They Died With Their Boots On
The Charge of the Light Brigade
Gunga Din
Mr. Skeffington
Babes in Arms
Babes on Broadway
Border Incident
Mystery Street
Old Acquaintance
Executive Suite
Small Town Girl
A Woman's Face
When Ladies Meet
The Valley of Decision
Adam's Rib
Life With Father
Madame Bovary
The Barkeleys of Broadway
The Great Ziegfeld
Rosalie
Easy to Love
Honky Tonk
Boom Town
Lassie Come Home
Thousands Cheer
Words and Music
Till The Clouds Roll By
Meet John Doe
Raintree County
Wonder Man
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
The Man Who Came To Dinner
Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo
Cass Timberlane
Whistling in the Dark
Follow the Boys
Please Don't Eat the Daisies
The Thorn Birds
North & South Books I, II, and III
Light in the Piazza
The VIP's
A Date With Judy
The Yellow Rolls Royce
The Wreck of the Mary Deare
Boy's Town
East Side West Side
Three Daring Daughters
Cabin in the Sky
Tea and Sympathy
I Love Melvin
The Swan
The Glass Slipper
The Chocolate Soldier
Flamingo Road
All This and Heaven Too
Hollywood Canteen
This is the Army
My Reputation
Humoresque
Kings Row
Storm Warning
The Corn is Green
The Hasty Heart

and remastered editions of
Gigi
Quo Vadis
Anchors Aweigh
The Philadelphia Story
On the Town
Doctor Zhivago
Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet
Driving Miss Daisy
Swing Time
Some from MY hit list include:

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Mickey Rooney)
The Prisoner of Zenda (Ronald Colman)
Scaramouche
Captain Blood
They Died With Their Boots On
The Charge of the Light Brigade
Gunga Din
Life With Father
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
While we’re waiting for the next batch of announcements, I finally got around to watching The Brothers Karamazov last night via a DVR recording from TCM after reading the book a little over a year ago (I am placing this here so as not to mislead people into thinking the announcements have been made). Despite being very CliffNotes, the film did a much better job of adapting the book than I expected. Granted, the narrative was rearranged and certain scenes added (such as Katya giving Dimitri the “fatal three-thousand”) and characters deleted or combined with other characters (ex. Scenes and aspects of one character in the Illyusha subplot, Kolya, are given to Dimitri), it still remained quite true to the book. I also found the actors, especially Lee J. Cobb as the father, really inhibited the characters, though as another user mentioned elsewhere, Maria Schell’s radiant smile somewhat dampened the darker aspects of Grushenka’s character. Speaking of Grushenka, I really wished they included her meeting with Alyosha midway through the book, a very moving passage of the book.

"Aside from the aforementioned scene and the Grand Inquisitor, I feel the scene that should have been included most was Ivan’s dream following Smerdyakov’s confession to the murder (possibly the best handled scene of the film), which would have really sold his conversion late in the film. Then again, the production probably would have had hell to pay from the Production Code had it been included."

The transfer used exhibited some slight fade evident from the MGM logo and some speckling throughout, but on the whole, a pretty decent transfer. That said, I’m sure a WAC Blu-ray would really make John Alton’s expressionistic cinematography shine (how this aspect of the film was passed over at the Oscars is beyond me).

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
While we’re waiting for the next batch of announcements, I finally got around to watching The Brothers Karamazov last night via a DVR recording from TCM after reading the book a little over a year ago (I am placing this here so as not to mislead people into thinking the announcements have been made). Despite being very CliffNotes, the film did a much better job of adapting the book than I expected. Granted, the narrative was rearranged and certain scenes added (such as Katya giving Dimitri the “fatal three-thousand”) and characters deleted or combined with other characters (ex. Scenes and aspects of one character in the Illyusha subplot, Kolya, are given to Dimitri), it still remained quite true to the book. I also found the actors, especially Lee J. Cobb as the father, really inhibited the characters, though as another user mentioned elsewhere, Maria Schell’s radiant smile somewhat dampened the darker aspects of Grushenka’s character. Speaking of Grushenka, I really wished they included her meeting with Alyosha midway through the book, a very moving passage of the book.

"Aside from the aforementioned scene and the Grand Inquisitor, I feel the scene that should have been included most was Ivan’s dream following Smerdyakov’s confession to the murder (possibly the best handled scene of the film), which would have really sold his conversion late in the film. Then again, the production probably would have had hell to pay from the Production Code had it been included."

The transfer used exhibited some slight fade evident from the MGM logo and some speckling throughout, but on the whole, a pretty decent transfer. That said, I’m sure a WAC Blu-ray would really make John Alton’s expressionistic cinematography shine (how this aspect of the film was passed over at the Oscars is beyond me).
Wait, let me get my OTHER Glasses!!!
Glasses Seinfeld GIF

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Mr. Feltenstein reveals on the latest edition of The Extras Podcast that due to the recent changes at Warner Bros Discovery and WAC's demand for perfection (including not wanting people to receive their discs late as they did with some titles released this month), they made the difficult decision to move February's slate of titles to March. We will get six titles in March. He also assures us that not one title has been taken off the schedule for 2023.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
I guess I'm lucky, because pretty much all my Warner movie DVDs have made it to blu. All that's left are:
Angels in the Outfield (the original 1951)
The Late Show (with the original release scenes restored!)
The Sea Wolves

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I guess I'm lucky, because pretty much all my Warner movie DVDs have made it to blu. All that's left are:
Angels in the Outfield (the original 1951)
The Late Show (with the original release scenes restored!)
The Sea Wolves
The Sea Wolves I would Love to see get a Bluray release. :D That's one of my Wishlist titles that Never gets released. :confused:

onga999

Agent
Real Name
Oak
I've posted this once in another sub, but....

I continue to hope for more of Warner's classic cartoon library on DVD. We at the very least need....

-The remaining Popeye theatrical shorts
-The remaining 1960's Popeye cartoons
-The remaining Tex Avery MGM shorts
-The Barney Bear MGM shorts
-The Rough and Ready Show
-The Huckleberry Hound Show (Huckleberry Hound, OG Yogi, Pixie and Dixie, Hokey Wolf)
-The Quickdraw Mcgraw Show (Quickdraw McGraw, Auggie Doggie, Snooper and Blabber)
-Touche Turtle
-As many remaining Looney Tunes/Merry Melodies as possible.
-later years Looney tunes shows like Taz Mania, Tweety Mysteries, The Looney Tunes Show and Looney Tunes Cartoons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks