What's new

International Warner Bros Archive Titles From Spain (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yeah, I'm sure they're okay, I bought the Spanish Blu-rays of, Dodge City & The Hunchback Of Notre Dame & they're all good. Germany also sell a lot of German versions of Warner Blu-rays, normal & Archive.

Ernest

Supporting Actor
I have purchased many Blu-rays from Amazon.uk, de, es, fr the quality is excellent, prices very good and many titles not available in USA.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I had never noticed the Warner Archive titles being available outside the US except as US imports.Seems to be select and not all Archive titles. The ones I checked mostly seemed to be Bogart and Elizabeth Taylor films. TV series like iZombie are only available as US imports.

Simon Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon Lewis
I have the Spanish blu-rays of Dark Passage, Suspicion, Father of The Bride, Cat On A Hot Tin Roof and Man In The Wilderness and they are all pressed discs and appear to be official Warner releases.

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
I haven't checked out all of them but be extremely careful when ordering any discs from Spain or Italy in hopes of them being the real thing; most of them aren't. For instance, The Father of the Bride (El Padre de la Novia) currently has two Spanish BDs: one from Warners and a pirate copy from 'New Line Films', This is the official one. The pirate actually has a more attractive, better-designed sleeve, so you can't just go on looks. Of course, the pirate is deficient in every area versus the Warners: non-true HD transfer, very low bitrate, lossy audio, fewer sub options (also of questionable quality), no extras, etc.

willyTass

Supporting Actor
Many of these warner archive discs are also released in Japan from Amazon jp

I've bought them and they are legit with great disc art

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Any idea how long it takes for Warner Archive titles to be available overseas? Nothing released in the States for the last 2 to 3 months seems to be available for import such as "Bells Are Ringing" or " Battleground."

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Any idea how long it takes for Warner Archive titles to be available overseas? Nothing released in the States for the last 2 to 3 months seems to be available for import such as "Bells Are Ringing" or " Battleground."

Why wait? Warner Archive titles are Zone free.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
They can be cheaper purchased overseas especially with the strong dollar.

Is the Spainish "Bells Are Ringing" a bootleg?

"The Big Sleep" title in Spanish translates to "The Eternal Dream" [Blu-ray]

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter

Aren't Disney and MGM titles also zone free? I have several Disney 3-D titles that are playable anywhere.Warner's and MGM titles were always zone free even in the video age.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Almost all Warner are Region Free. There are always exceptions to the rule esp with some of the Warner affiliated TV series

MGM I've never heard were Region Free as a studio so I;d be careful

Disney;s are mostly region free, but there are many exceptions though the international 3D disc tend to region free. The only 3D Disney that is locked in Ratatouille (not counting some of the not really Disney's like Need for Speed and The BFG whcih vary in their region status). There are even odd releases like UP and Nightmare befor Xmas where the 2D disc is Region B only, but the 3D is Region Free.
The original Platinum release of Pinocchio was region locked going both directions, but the new Signature release is A/B/C. It's one of the rate cases where a same studio re-release changes Region status

Llamentol which released Bells Are Ringing isn't in the Resen category as presumed bootleg, but with at best a smelly track record anything they release Pirate until proven otherwise. if the transfer of Bells Are Ringing is different it could be one of those legal grey area 'public domain level or not' releases

Since the US releases seem to be on sale a few times a year for $13 or less I'm not sure it's worth taking a chance

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks