What's new

Warner Bros. Alert: Kiss Me Kate replacement DVDs - All owners Read (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, they did the same thing to me with Roots...promised to fix it and then sent me the same one....twice!

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
I emailed my request in the day you posted it and the mailer never arrived. I just sent another request which, hopefully, they'll respond to.

-greg

John Whittle

Stunt Coordinator
I requested my second mailer on Monday, March 22 and haven't received it as of Saturday. Anyone been successful in their second return request?

John

Greg_M

Screenwriter
I received an e-mail from Warner Bros, stating they sent out the first mailer and if i had received it yet. I let them know of the mistake that the defective disc was being shipped to some of the home theater members.

Mark Fontana

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I received a mailer today and will be returning my first replacement shortly. I'm tempted to include a note to "please open the new copy before you ship it and verify the disc says 65088V2 on the hub".

John Whittle

Stunt Coordinator
Received a reply to my follow up email to [email protected] saying that my second mailer would be sent out within the next couple of days.

So it seems they're aware of the problem and on top of fixing it. I would suggest anyone requesting a second mailer make note of the problem with the first replacement and reference the Forum here. That all seemed to work in getting the reply and the second mailer.

John

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I did all that immediately when the problem was identified, but haven't received an e-mail reply or new mailer yet.

John Whittle

Stunt Coordinator

I would respectfully point out that this was my second email, the first sent the previous Monday did not get a reply nor did I receive a mailer within that week. Also I think it took a little time for word of the problem to filter back to 12x12.com who are handling the mail out response.

You might want to send in another request and make note of the complete history and dates of your request so that you don't wind up with extra mailers. They are, after all, sending them out with stamps and thus would be out the $3.85 whether you use it or not.

John

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Got my "replacement" Kiss Me Kate last night....and it's the same old defective transfer. Warner needs smarter monkeys. :angry: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Mark Fontana

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Oh those monkeys... Why can't they behave? Any Tom, Dick or Harry could get this right in one try. It would be wunderbar if they could send the correct discs from this moment on. Some of us are so in love with this movie, and we'll be too darn hot if we get the old version yet again!

When I sent back my replacement this week, I included a reference sheet with illustrations showing two possible ways of checking that the discs they're sending out are correct. (Check the disc markings for V2, or check the VOB file dates.) Will it help? Keeping fingers crossed...

DeeF

Screenwriter
Is there any way to identify the new disks from the outside packaging?

Because I'd like to go and buy a new one, and keep the old one for reference.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I received my second replacement disc today.

I was thrilled to see the disc contained a digitally remastered field sequential 3-D version! Finally the movie can be seen as intended..

Ok, so that's my lame attempt at an April Fool's joke.

I received the original pressing once, and I returned that to them. Hopefully I'll get the corrected pressing this time.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter

I would bet the only clue might be in the words and numbers on the security seal that runs across the top of the shrinkwrapped DVD. (This is how, for example, the fixed version of MGM's Never Say Never Again was marked.) I have long since discarded that material, unfortunately. One would have to compare a verified V2 disc with a shrinkwrapped V1 disc to know for sure.

Art_AD

Stunt Coordinator
I just received my second disc as the first replacement was the same version as the one I sent in (although new and sealed). Well I just popped the second version in and it is another inncorrect copy. What should be done:If they do not want to make a revised cover there should be a sticky label in front that signifies this is a differnet version. I think at this point they should mail out replacements without me having to send in the bad version first (both times I mailed it back at my own expense). I do appreciate them doing a remaster but this mix-up does put a damper on things. Hopefully they will do better planning if something like this happens again. I guees this time I will ask for a mailer.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I still haven't received my second mailer after 10 days since requesting it. However I am reluctant to return my disc again if Warner can't figure out what version they are sending. I think someone needs to start opening up the DVDs to sort out the old copies from the new. I would rather have an open copy that is correct than a sealed one that is wrong.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Sigh.

I've returned the disc to Warner twice and both times, they sent me the old pressing as a replacement.

Should I even bother trying a third time?:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks