What's new

warner bros. 25% off sale ends 8/6 (1 Viewer)

Averry

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew
Dang....

I'm soooo tempted but I just bought a player, and as amazingly fun and addicting building a collection is........

Ufffda.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Blast it! I thought $23.96, was cheap for the 5-disc BD Blade Runner but 22.47 with the new coupon is amazing.

Thing is I already ordered that, Troy, and 300 together, so I don't know if I can cancel it since they might have shipped 300.

Amounts to about $8 from the 20% code to 25% on my order.

And Lost Boys BD still isn't up.

Thornhill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tony
I just pre-ordered a bunch of stuff! The new Kubricks, Blade Runner, Twilight Zone The Movie, The Wild Bunch, Deliverance and a couple of others. Everything was going to be $14.95 each with the discount and free shipping.
I did this last time they had a sale, March I believe. Great deal!! Now I just have to wait a couple of months for everything to be released :frowning:
It's worth it though!

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Their diabolical plan worked. Too late to cancel my previous order (was only going to be like $5 diff anyway), but now I'm going to cave and pre-order Nip/Tuck in additiion to Smallville. $45 for a whole season in HD ain't too shabby.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't paying close attention last time, but it seemed like people were upset with how long it took them to ship out The Matrix and other titles that had been pre-ordered in March- and I do believe that they wait until everything is ready before anything gets shipped.

I'm lucky my first try didn't go thru because I realized that after the NYS tax hit, I would be paying more for Music & Lyrics and Troy DC, and getting them slower than if I just ordered from Amazon later.
As it is, each title came to a little over $16 each. $2 is $2 I guess.
I just hope it doesn't take more than a couple weeks to get everything after the Kubricks street 10/23.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
So is the Harry Potter set in HD available for pre-order? I searched but didn't find it.

Thanks

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

They didn't with mine. Additionally, every pre-ordered item I received the Friday before the release date.

In fact, my only complaint about Warner Bros. was that there packaging left a lot to be desired.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

ouch. Don't like to hear that about the packaging. What do they do...just throw the disc in a box and call it a night?...do they even use a box?
The box set DVDs I got from BUY.Com were just thrown in a padded envelope last year and came in pretty beat up. I don't care how good the discounts are this year, I'm not using them for dvds again.

Eric F

Screenwriter
I placed a few orders last week which shipped 1 item, I cancelled out the balance of each order and replaced at the cheaper price.(At least the CSR said that's what I did) Saved a few bucks with the coupon.

I just pray I don't get doubles of each item.

Thornhill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tony

My pre-ordered discs from last time also arrived a couple of days before release date. As for the waiting, I was referring to when they are actually released. The packaging was not the best, I agree, however my discs arrived un-damaged so I can't really complain about it.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Well, here's the thing. The seem to have a limited number of differently sized boxes. If they're shipping a single disc, you could be in for some trouble because the box they used was much too big for one. Imagine a box that would fit the Matrix trilogy used to ship on BD/HD DVD with insufficient packing material.

I had one problem when the tab on one of the Warner Bros. cases was broken. Incidently, I had that same problem when TMNT arrived from DVD Planet with better shipping. So, no, the packaging isn't the best, but this particular problem could be related to the case that Warner Bros., Fox, etc. use vs. the others.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
My CSR didn't give me that option when I called. I'd have done that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks