What's new

Warner Bros. – We Want A Richard Donner Re-Cut of Superman II (1 Viewer)

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
Another sure sale here.
-Mike
------------------
God Bless America--and all people who stand for freedom.
patriot.gif

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
Consider my money on the table for a Donner re edit of Superman II.. (and btw, I did buy Superman II originally. It seriously whetted my appetite.)
Re-scoring the movie just has to be done, the music sounds diabolical.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I will never understand WB's decision to fire Donner and the actors did the right thing supporting him.What do you do to the director whos just made a blockbuster and THE GREATEST superhero film of all time??? - fire him of course.
I personally believe Superman is a alltime classic-it belongs up there with Wizard Of Oz, Cassablanca,Psycho- and others considered "timeless classics".Flame me all you want!! And it was Donners (and production lets give them their due)vision that brought it all together.Its a wonderful film.
I would love to see a alternate cut of Superman 2.
Make it so.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Warner Bros. did not fire Donner. The producer's were responsible for Donner's firing.

Chad Varnadore

Auditioning
I picked up the first copy in the box set release. But, I'd still jump at the chance at seeing the full-cut of this film and would gladly repurchase it.
smile.gif

Chad

Ryan_M_M

Stunt Coordinator
I am all for a Donner re-edit of Superman II. Anyone that has seen any of the TV versions (especially the European/Australian TV edits) really know that the extra Donner scenes greatly help. A Donner re-edit or at least to include more footage would greatly help this movie. The Extended TV versions are way better than the theatrical and its Pan and Scan!!!!
[Edited last by Ryan_M_M on October 19, 2001 at 12:40 PM]

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
The Donner cut is a must. If Warner allows Donner to reedit the film according to his vision, I'll buy at least two copies.

Kyle Thompson

Auditioning
Hi,
I loved SuperMan 2. It was to me the best one. It would be better if Richard had gotten to finish it.
I like SmallVille and many of the SuperMan Cartoons. I love The WB network and have a friend who works there.
I spoke with JAcob and he has a GREAT site. He seems to be a big fan also. He is a nice guy and I thank him for showing me this message board was here.
I plan on adding a SmallVille Page to my web-site at: http://www.angelfire.com/wa/Charmed
I am adding a bit of info on all the good WB shows. Right now its mostly Charmed and being updated.
Every thing needs an update now and then. And NOW is the time for this SuperMan 2 DVD UPDATED Version. I look forward to buying it and truly hope Warner makes this a great one,as I know they can.
Thanks
Kyle the tomkatt

Eric Dahl

Auditioning
I would LOVE to see Richard Donner's original cut of "Superman II" and would definitely buy it if it were released.
I'm with everyone on this 100%.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I'd be all over this!
Fully restored, digitally enhanced (wire removal, matte line removal, color correction), and digitally remixed SuperMan II as originally intended by Richard Donner (the real director). That would be wonderful! DTS too!
I'm holding off purchasing SM II until that day arrives.
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Oh, this is *so* unreal! :) It was only 2 weeks ago that I purchased my first DVD player - a Panasonic RP56 - and above all the other DVD's to go with, guess what my VERY First DVD purchase was?! O.K., you beat me there: SUPERMAN!! I have loved this movie ever since its original theatrical release, and I definitely support a Donner cut of Superman II! Make it so! (Oops, wrong studio!)
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks