What's new

Warner Bros. – We Want A Richard Donner Re-Cut of Superman II (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I would love to see this on DVD or in the theater. Awesome. WB please do this!!!

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
In the theater would be my first choice as well. I would hope that a theatrical release would be Warner's first consideration. A Donner "Superman II" would make a killing at the box office, let alone DVD sales.
Nate,
I like that line of dialogue too, but I think it would be best suited for the deleted scenes section of any Donner re-cut. Check out the link I posted in the header of this thread. Read the original Tom Mankiewicz script. There you can read the opening scene as it was supposed to be in Donner's version. I think you will change your mind after reading it.
smile.gif

Tom
[Edited last by Tom B on October 18, 2001 at 05:12 PM]

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Count me in for support of this idea. However I fear the practicality of making it happen might prove too difficult...

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
A screening of Richard Donner's cut of Superman 2 would be great to see on the big screen.
JACOB

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Carlo,
Think positive! It might not be as difficult as you think if we get enough support!
Tom

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
that is why we are doing this petition.. to prove to warner bros that there is a audience for Richard Donner's cut of Superman 2.. They have talked about it.. they are aware of it.. with a 100 posts on this home theatre forum.. that would be very good proof that there is an audience for superman 2..
JACOB

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Ya got my vote!
------------------
My top ten movies that need to be on dvd:
1. Akira Kurosawa's Dreams 2. Freaks 3. Men With Guns 4. The Ninth Configuration 5. The Reflecting Skin 6. Santa Sangre 7. Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8. Voyager 9. White Heat 10. Wings of Desire

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Count me in! I'd do just about anything to see a restoration of Donner's original vision for this film.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Well you've obviously got my vote but I'm not sure this thread will achieve anything because my understanding from the Warner chat was that they *DO* want to make this product.
When Supe II came out without extra content I was a little down but I now believe this was because they wanted to be able to sell a genuninely different SE to the hilt later. I'd certainly buy a new version.
I am sure Warner will do it as long as it can be justified by the cost. Yeah, loads of us want it, but I'd bet the old Donner footage is in a totally different state to the rest of the stuff used in Superman II and it would take a lot of remastering work to get it all looking similar. We can only hope the costs look like being recouperated.
------------------
My band is @ http://www.mokita.net
My Novelty Coasters

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
Superman CINEMA supports this:
Re-edit or Deleted Scenes. Depends how much WB wants to spend on this picture.
Please, do not let the S2 negatives rot in London
------------------
British film-making blows away Hollywood.
Why? Verisimilitude!
Superman CINEMA
http://www.deceptions.net/superman

I'd buy this in a heartbeat...especially if the Brando footage in the fortress were to be re-inserted in the movie. That, above everything else, is the core of the film (and the logical conclusion of themes introduced in the first). The movie really suffers from its absence.
WB, this movie needs an SE on par with Superman:The Movie, and this would be the perfect way to go about it. We've heard for so long how good Donner's lost footage is...please let us see it for ourselves!

Shane Bass

Grip
Tom,you can definitely count me in as well. I would love to see Superman II the way that it was originally conceived. Please WB, bring it on!

Robyn Young

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in! I'd love to see a Richard Donner Cut of Superman II. It would make a super item to add to my collection!
Robyn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks