What's new

Warner brings The Gauntlet and Every which way but loose, to Blu Ray total of 6 (1 Viewer)

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Love the artwork to The Gauntlet, entertaining movie too, a bit of a spoof of the Dirty Harry series in my mind.

I'm surprised by all the negativity of these titles, it's a fun line-up, Eraser is a great fun guilty pleasure movie, far from Arnies worst IMO, Every Which Way But Loose and The Gauntlet are both a good laugh and decent entertainment, in fact they're two of Eastwoods most fun movies IMO.

Eraser should look and sound great on Blu-ray Disc. :emoji_thumbsup:

Can't wait. :D

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

The poster art for The Gauntlet was done by Frank Frazetta, probably most famous for his Conan art.

Also the Eastwood/Orangutan pictures did HUGE business at the boxoffice, so its not surprising that they are being released.
Doug

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
I hope Any Which Way You Can is in the next wave of Warner catalogue titles.

In fact there's a lot of Eastwood titles that I'd rebuy on Blu-ray, I hope these are coming soon:

Kelly's Heroes (WB)
The Bridges of Madison County (WB)
Where Eagles Dare (WB)
City Heat (WB)
The Rookie (WB)
Absolute Power (WB)

Dollar Trilogy (Sony/MGM/Fox)

Two Mules for Sister Sara (Universal)

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot (MGM)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

To me these titles are mildly entertaining at best aside from US2 which I never had a desire to see. Yeah there are much worse Arnie flics than Eraser which was OK for a brainless actioner...........
such as
[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/5/54/htf_imgcache_33019.jpeg][URL="https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/5/54/htf_imgcache_33019.jpeg"] [/url][/URL]than
:eek:
[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/e/e7/htf_imgcache_33020.jpeg] [/url]

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/8/84/htf_imgcache_33021.jpeg] [/url]

anyway

I can't say I have a desire to own any of this batch of titles so it's a whole lot of meh to me considering the titles available to Warner.

Overall the goldmine of Warner titles available would be too numerous to list but in regards to just Eastwood titles, more appealing selections would be Outlaw Josey Wales, Where Eagles Dare and Kelly's Heroes any of which and I'd be jumping for joy.

Different strokes is all

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

Ah, "Batman & Robin". Now that´s probably the worst film EVER.

Thing still is, that everyone was s**t on that, so it doesn´t count. :D

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I'm hoping with all the miscommunication between Warner and their press department that Under Siege 2 indeed has TrueHD. It's possibly my favorite guilty pleasure of all time, and would make up for Under Siege being encoded for a 15 GB disc.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

This (BD) is already out at least in Scandinavia, and it has "only" Dolby Digital 5.1.. So at this point it seems, that the press release is correct.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
If handled well (such as no distracting DNR), I'll probably pick up Every Which Way But Loose. I remember watching this movie all of the time on cable and VHS growing up so I sort of have something for it.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
If I recall, the DVD looked pretty good for the age of the film.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
I just saw Every Which Way last night and was very, very pleased. The opticals (credits, dissolves) have the expected - and welcome - grain, and the balance of the film had a nice, sharp, film-like quality. There is a little gate weave but it looks fantastic, overall, IMHO. Whites are a little on the hot side, but no big deal.

I have a very soft spot for this movie. Saw it as a 10-year old in late '78 with my dad. Just the credit sequence alone, with the title song playing in the background, makes me smile. Kinda like the credit sequence to another unrelated film from '78, Foul Play.

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I saw EWWBL with my dad when I was a kid too. Good news on the transfer. I can't wait to pick up the Blu-Ray.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
EWWBL did nothing for me, but I did wind up enjoying The Gauntlet quite a bit.

I think I can 'get behind' these Warner 'budget' catalog titles. A decent 1080p transfer and at least one lossless audio option at a ~$15 or less price point is a 'winner' from where I'm sitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks