What's new

Warner Blooper Reels - others besides 1938? (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
One of my favorite parts about the Adventures of Robin Hood DVD is the bonus feature "Breakdowns of 1938" which is a blooper reel that was shown at an annual Warner company event.

I gathered from the introductory material that these blooper reels were produced in multiple years.

Do any other years still exist, and if so, are they on any current DVDs or planned for future DVDs?

Thanks!

Steve

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
A friend of mine years ago, had a vidtape that had most of the blooper reels from 1936 to 1949.
Theresw one that had a bunch of bloopers from THe Sisters with Bette davis and Errol Flynn that were priceless.

Eric Vedowski

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
I've got a couple public domain double features on the Catcom label that have them as extras-Nothing Sacred/Something to Sing About includes Breakdowns of 1939, Charade/His Girl Friday has Breakdowns of 1947. Got these as a grab bag gift a few years ago so I have no idea where they came from.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will

Joe, is that the one where Errol asks Bette what is wrong and she tells him she just had a baby in the ladies room?? I love that blooper because they both break out in giggles--it IS priceless!

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Will, you are quite right about the Bette Davis bloopers.
In the same film, there is a medium shot of Errol whee he says he just wants his wife back - he then pauses and says "Who the hell would want a wife back !!"

Eric Vedowski

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Nothing Sacred/Something to Sing About 41914 01776
Charade/His Girl Friday 41914 01516
There is also a tiny 7 before the numbers and a tiny 1 after, don't know if that would be included or not. I'm sure Amazon has cheap used copies of these.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
There's a great 12 minute blooper reel on the LD Abbott and Costello Comedy Box Set from 3 of their 1940 movies.

Alas, nothing got ported over to the DVD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks