What's new

WARNER ARCHIVES WBSHOP 4 for $44 Sale March 12, 2021 - March 15, 2021 (Possible Last WbShop ever) (1 Viewer)

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
While it's true the titles on HBOMax are the new transfers, they are only on HBOMax temporarily, as titles are constantly rotated in and out. The cheap digital versions you can buy on Amazon/iTunes/Vudu are NOT the new transfers. And all the Warner Archive Blu-rays are new transfers (it sounded like you were attributing 20-year-old transfers to the Archive), So to throw hot water on your cold water, the 4-for-$44 sale is a big deal to most of us.
Thanks for the reply. It's great that you were able to find Blu-rays with new transfers but I was not. The intent of the post: for people to consider their wants and offer some options. In my case, the streaming titles are available from multiple sources.
I have been thru four physical media buying cycles (VHS, laserdisc, DVD & Blu-ray) and have refused to go to 4K, even though some 4K titles are definitely superior. I have boxes full of laserdiscs and crates full of DVDs in my basement but realize something had to change, that's all.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
As was the case with the previous sale there is now this warning.

Warner Archive 4 for $44 Order Delays​

Due to high order volumes we are experiencing delays in shipping orders for the Warner Archive 4 for $44 sale, please allow for up to 25 business days to ship. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Thanks for the reply. It's great that you were able to find Blu-rays with new transfers but I was not.
I have a feeling you are confusing Warner Archive with Warner Home Video. The WBShop sells both catalogs, and it is only Warner Archive titles that are on sale. And yes ALL Warner Archive Blu-rays are new transfers. If you are perusing Warner Home Video Blu-rays and saying they aren’t on sale and have old transfers, then yes that’s correct! But it has nothing to do with this sale.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Thanks for the reply. It's great that you were able to find Blu-rays with new transfers but I was not.
I have a feeling you are confusing Warner Archive with Warner Home Video. The WBShop sells both catalogs, and it is only Warner Archive titles that are on sale. And yes ALL Warner Archive Blu-rays are new transfers. If you are perusing Warner Home Video Blu-rays and saying they aren’t on sale and have old transfers, then yes that’s correct! But it has nothing to do with this sale.

Not sure exactly which titles he meant, but there are actually a (albeit rather) small number of WAC labeled BDs that actually just recycle old transfers/discs from their original WHV releases -- seems like most of them were previously some kind of special edition type releases often in digibook format.

Otherwise, yeah, all "true" WAC BDs (not originally released under WHV) should have better, new transfers (that haven't showed up so far on digitals we can actually own)...

_Man_

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Not sure exactly which titles he meant, but there are actually a (albeit rather) small number of WAC labeled BDs that actually just recycle old transfers/discs from their original WHV releases -- seems like most of them were previously some kind of special edition type releases often in digibook format.

Otherwise, yeah, all "true" WAC BDs (not originally released under WHV) should have better, new transfers (that haven't showed up so far on digitals we can actually own)...

_Man_
Ack. Gosh darn it, I’ve been warned before, not to make superlative statements! Yes I keep forgetting that WAC rebrands some old WHV Blu-rays, which are not new transfers. Mea culpa.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The list price of $19.99 seems to apply to Warner Archive blu ray titles that were previously released on WHV . This is for single disks. There may be exceptions as I have not checked every Warner Archive disc listed on the WB Shop website.
Seems a good way to start to determine if a release at the Archive has a new transfer if that is important to you. Note that just because a film was previously released by WHV and the transfer isn't new doesn't mean it isn't a good transfer.

Last edited:

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
If Warner Bros and/or the Archive have another Blu-ray sale I might be tempted to buy. Please post the details here, thanks.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As was the case with the previous sale there is now this warning.

Warner Archive 4 for $44 Order Delays​

Due to high order volumes we are experiencing delays in shipping orders for the Warner Archive 4 for $44 sale, please allow for up to 25 business days to ship. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
I just received the following email in which the 25 business days you referenced is now 15 days which means for some of us it's probably in between those two numbers:

Dear ,

Thank you for taking part in our latest Warner Archive Collection '4 for $44' Sale! With the overwhelming demand during this sale, we are working as quickly as possible to produce, pack, and ship your order to you safely. However, given the tremendous reaction to our latest sale, and abiding all safety protocols for our staff, we are anticipating delays in processing. Please note that some orders may take up to 15 business days to process prior to shipping.

As soon as your order has shipped, you will receive a separate email notification that will include tracking information. We're excited to deliver your latest choices from our collection!

IMPORTANT REMINDER ABOUT THIS OFFER
All Sales are Final. WB Shop is committed to delivering quality products, and will gladly replace any defective or damaged items. Other Refunds/Exchanges are not available with this offer, as was stated during checkout.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding.

The WBShop.com Customer Service Team

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I just received the same email as Crawdaddy (w/ mention of upto 15 days).

Maybe they're just trying to promptly get on top of the situation and quoting probably overestimated/stated delays to avoid unnecessary disappointment (and potential flooding of their customer support) after previous cases of lengthy, less-well-managed delays.

This kind of customer expectations management seems common enough...

Many of our orders could likely be filled/shipped w/in the next few days... though they obviously don't want to guarantee that...

Anyway, basically nothing to worry about...

_Man_

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
My order shipped on Monday and is tracking (due for delivery on Saturday), but I also received the "delays" email this morning.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
My order shipped on Monday and is tracking (due for delivery on Saturday), but I also received the "delays" email this morning.
I suspect it's easier to do an email pull for people/email addresses who ordered and send it to everyone, rather than only pull those orders which may be delayed. Also -thanks to the interwebs and forums like this one people are posting that they received shipping notices whilst others (including moi - as of this writing) have not. Plus that makes the haves feel
1616009778674.png
;)!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Never ordering another disc from Warner's Archive until they finish the TV series they started, namely "The Paradise Series" with Lee Horsley. We have 900+ members in out western TV club who want this series finished and we have agreed never to purchase another title from Warner's Archives until they release the last 2 seasons.
I assume it was your letter they just read on the Warner Archive Podcast? You should be happy to hear that they’ve done 4K scans of all the camera negatives but have a lot of polishing to do to get the series ready for release. They expect it to put it out in 2022.

Yeoman007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
Another weird issue with the website -- it seems the Apple folks are having even more trouble lat Sat and today than they had Friday, but to make up for that WBShop
buggered the Wishlists for almost everybody sometime overnight.
Dave, I'm not sure exactly how your wishlist was messed up, but I'm one of those Apple users whose wishlist went bad. It happened shortly after the November 2020 sale. Suddenly, my wishlist page was greyed out and couldn't be scrolled or clicked upon. I could add titles to the wishlist, but nothing else. It made for a lot more work this last sale

But not to worry! I checked it just now before posting the above and discovered that the WBShop fixed that problem—they deleted it! Now it's an empty list with a notice about how useful it will be for keeping track of the titles I want. Can you believe it?

Well, if the site and the accounts are going away with the changeover, I guess there's no point in having a wishlist there. Anyway, thanks for all your hard work. It's been wonderful.

Rick

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's basically what I meant -- WBSHOP apparently erased all the wishlists sometime over the weekend. The WAC discs don't even have the option to be placed in the Wishlists anymore. Mine was fine Friday and I placed my order early in the morning so really didn't affect me greatly since all the other items I had in my list were the Feb and march titles which weren't going to added anyway and if the site really is completely disappearing it won't matter.

For people that may have had 100's of DVDs is the list it was a much more devastating blow.

I'm not sure what Wbshop and Apple products problem specifically and mobile in general has been, but is seems a large proportion of the reported issues were Macs, Iphones, and Ipads, Safari, and a decent number of Android Phones.
PC/Windows Laptop and Desktops most seemed to work OK unless you ran into the "Searched Too Many pages in too quickly" issues which blocked you temporarily (B&N has that same issue). That specifically was where th wishlists helped a lot.

I know there were reports of a couple people on Bluray who has carts (not wishlists) of 100 items and 200+ items that were blocked and erased at time of checkout -- of course they just gave up.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
That's basically what I meant -- WBSHOP apparently erased all the wishlists sometime over the weekend. The WAC discs don't even have the option to be placed in the Wishlists anymore. Mine was fine Friday and I placed my order early in the morning so really didn't affect me greatly since all the other items I had in my list were the Feb and march titles which weren't going to added anyway and if the site really is completely disappearing it won't matter.

For people that may have had 100's of DVDs is the list it was a much more devastating blow.

I'm not sure what Wbshop and Apple products problem specifically and mobile in general has been, but is seems a large proportion of the reported issues were Macs, Iphones, and Ipads, Safari, and a decent number of Android Phones.
PC/Windows Laptop and Desktops most seemed to work OK unless you ran into the "Searched Too Many pages in too quickly" issues which blocked you temporarily (B&N has that same issue). That specifically was where th wishlists helped a lot.

I know there were reports of a couple people on Bluray who has carts (not wishlists) of 100 items and 200+ items that were blocked and erased at time of checkout -- of course they just gave up.
I suspect WBshop will still sell WB/HBO etc merch - just not the films (except for sericels or of frame based merch.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Crap. I had a bunch wanted to get but didn't know when their sales were. Looks like I just missed it. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks