What's new

WARNER ARCHIVES WBSHOP 4 for $44 Sale March 12, 2021 - March 15, 2021 (Possible Last WbShop ever) (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Mark Stenroos
Why is my shopping cart not updating? I put an item in the cart, go back to pick more items, and when the new item displays my shopping cart is empty.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Why is my shopping cart not updating? I put an item in the cart, go back to pick more items, and when the new item displays my shopping cart is empty.
Don’t add to your cart from quick view. Click on the title first, taking you to each title’s main page, then add it to your cart. The quick view feature doesn’t seem to put them permanently into your cart.

billw6560

Grip
Real Name
Bill Walch
Thanks for the tip. Got all BD's of some good classics. Also, the SHOPWB15 discount code works, so I got 7 BD's for less than $10 each!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Does WB Archive ever extend their sale? I didn't know about this until it is too late.

Yeoman007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick

Don’t add to your cart from quick view. Click on the title first, taking you to each title’s main page, then add it to your cart. The quick view feature doesn’t seem to put them permanently into your cart.
I had the same cart problem all day yesterday (Saturday), even though I was logged in. It happened no matter how I added to my cart. Finally, I opened a browser tab for each title I wanted and then went from one to the next adding it to my cart. I got all of them in my cart, but then nothing on the WBshop site worked. Couldn't checkout, Couldn't click on anything. The page was frozen and the address bar shows it isn't finished loading.

I closed the browser and came back a few times over the evening, and then again this morning, but it's still the same—frozen. Anyone else encounter this? Any ideas? Otherwise, all I can figure is to call the contact number to place the order.

Rick

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Does WB Archive ever extend their sale? I didn't know about this until it is too late.
The sale runs until tomorrow night (ends 3/15 11:59 PDT, per the site).

You have to add at least 4 eligible titles to your cart before you will see the sale price.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I had the same cart problem all day yesterday (Saturday), even though I was logged in. It happened no matter how I added to my cart. Finally, I opened a browser tab for each title I wanted and then went from one to the next adding it to my cart. I got all of them in my cart, but then nothing on the WBshop site worked. Couldn't checkout, Couldn't click on anything. The page was frozen and the address bar shows it isn't finished loading.

I closed the browser and came back a few times over the evening, and then again this morning, but it's still the same—frozen. Anyone else encounter this? Any ideas? Otherwise, all I can figure is to call the contact number to place the order.

Rick

I didn't have the freeze problem (doing it on my iPhone via mobile Safari), but yeah, items weren't getting properly added to my cart when I went thru the 4-for-$44 banner. I eventually got it to work by going thru the search engine (for "warner archive blu-ray") instead of the banner -- I did keep doublechecking my cart each time to make sure items stayed there and didn't get lost before continuing.

_Man_

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I was excited when I saw this thread but I'm going to have to throw a little cold water (and realism) on it. I made a list of titles however some of them are not in the sale. For the others I checked the streaming status and they were all available on HBOmax (free) or rent/buy from Prime etc at the reduced price of $1.99 or $2.99 (previously $3.99). This was a smart move on Warner's part (to discount titles that are available elsewhere free), as many of the titles are 20+ year old transfers.
I will continue to wait for HD transfers of two titles: Captain Horatio Hornblower and Northwest Passage.
Also, I've already put in two Blu-ray orders this week (at other sale sites), so there's a definite chance of media overload. And as happened previously with my CD collection, I'm running out of storage space (without my house looking like a video store). So I'm not putting in an order. I hope this post helps others in a similar situation!

Yeoman007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
I didn't have the freeze problem (doing it on my iPhone via mobile Safari), but yeah, items weren't getting properly added to my cart when I went thru the 4-for-$44 banner. I eventually got it to work by going thru the search engine (for "warner archive blu-ray") instead of the banner -- I did keep doublechecking my cart each time to make sure items stayed there and didn't get lost before continuing.

_Man_
I appreciate the advice. I tried it, but it didn't work for me. I'm using Safari on my iMac, and as soon as I went to the WBshop home page manually, it froze. I can see that I have 32 titles in my cart, but I can't do anything on the page. Reloading didn't work either.

However, I deleted the cache and cookies for the WBshop site. Then I went to the WBshop site (NOT through the sale banner, logged in, and filtered for Blu-rays. It worked, although I had to add titles (both through Quick View and by going to the title's page) all over again. Checked out with 35 titles! Obviously it was some kind of browser glitch.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Strange that Universal will partner with WB for distribution yet Universal is giving Kino ALL the best Universal/Paramount releases --- Thank heavens for Kino though! Has anyone seen the Warner Archive or Blu Ray of The Bishop's Wife? Christmas 2019 TCM showed a different print it featured the British Board Of Censors Certificate and when had a weird additional scene - when Dudley walks from the main entrance of the Bishops house into his den just before he magically files the index cards a quick insert of the scene where Dudley and The Professor are in front of the church looking at the sign announcing the benefit to save the church. No other print had that and the print was crisp - solid and miles above what is out there now!

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Strange that Universal will partner with WB for distribution yet Universal is giving Kino ALL the best Universal/Paramount releases

It’s not really that strange (and we also don’t know if it’ll continue when that venture is up and running). It’s just different sales expectations and goals. Many of the titles that Kino is putting out will sell what are relatively tiny quantities - maybe a few hundred units each, low thousands for some of the bigger ones.

For better or worse, major studios that are themselves part of behemoth corporations aren’t set up to handle niche product lines like that. A smaller boutique label like Kino is exactly set up for that.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I guess I don't quite understand. The sale is still active -- it's not too late since the sale still has roughly 30 hrs left assuming it actually lasts until 3am ET Tuesday morning (MIdnight PT).

I've never known them to extend the sale other than last March when they suspended the sale after 12-16 hrs and then finished in in April , but that's not quite the same thing

Harold Chasen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
As a data point:

Just now (on Sunday, March 14, 2021 at 7:41 PM EDT), I ordered 7 titles without a hitch. The discount code WBSHOP15 worked. I'm using Firefox on Windows 10, if that matters.

David: Thanks for letting us all know about that code. Between that and the sale pricing, I save almost exactly 50% compared with Warner's full price, and still saved a substantial amount over Amazon's prices.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Another weird issue with the website -- it seems the Apple folks are having even more trouble lat Sat and today than they had Friday, but to make up for that WBShop
buggered the Wishlists for almost everybody sometime overnight.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
End of an era! Thank you @David Norman for all of your excellent work tracking and documenting these sales over the years.

SHOPWB15 worked for me too:

Product imageDescriptionQuantityPrice
Starsky & Hutch (BD)
Starsky & Hutch (BD)
Ships to the USA.
Ships within 12 business days.
  • DEAL APPLIED (-$10.99)
  • SHOPWB15 (-$1.65)
1$21.99
$9.35
Room for One More (BD)
Room for One More (BD)
Ships to the USA.
  • DEAL APPLIED (-$8.99)
  • SHOPWB15 (-$1.65)
1$19.99
$9.35
It Happened on 5th Avenue (BD)
It Happened on 5th Avenue (BD)
Ships to the USA.
  • DEAL APPLIED (-$10.99)
  • SHOPWB15 (-$1.65)
1$21.99
$9.35
The 100: The Seventh and Final Season (BD)
The 100: The Seventh and Final Season (BD)
Ships to the USA.
  • SHOPWB15 (-$4.49)
1$29.99
$25.50
After the Thin Man (BD)
After the Thin Man (BD)
Ships to the USA.
  • DEAL APPLIED (-$10.99)
  • SHOPWB15 (-$1.65)
1$21.99
$9.35

Cost summary
DescriptionPrice
Subtotal$62.90
Shipping$2.50
Taxes$5.20
TotalUSD $70.60

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I was excited when I saw this thread but I'm going to have to throw a little cold water (and realism) on it. I made a list of titles however some of them are not in the sale. For the others I checked the streaming status and they were all available on HBOmax (free) or rent/buy from Prime etc at the reduced price of $1.99 or $2.99 (previously $3.99). This was a smart move on Warner's part (to discount titles that are available elsewhere free), as many of the titles are 20+ year old transfers.
I will continue to wait for HD transfers of two titles: Captain Horatio Hornblower and Northwest Passage.
Also, I've already put in two Blu-ray orders this week (at other sale sites), so there's a definite chance of media overload. And as happened previously with my CD collection, I'm running out of storage space (without my house looking like a video store). So I'm not putting in an order. I hope this post helps others in a similar situation!
While it's true the titles on HBOMax are the new transfers, they are only on HBOMax temporarily, as titles are constantly rotated in and out. The cheap digital versions you can buy on Amazon/iTunes/Vudu are NOT the new transfers. And all the Warner Archive Blu-rays are new transfers (it sounded like you were attributing 20-year-old transfers to the Archive), So to throw hot water on your cold water, the 4-for-$44 sale is a big deal to most of us.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I guess I don't quite understand. The sale is still active -- it's not too late since the sale still has roughly 30 hrs left assuming it actually lasts until 3am ET Tuesday morning (MIdnight PT).

I've never known them to extend the sale other than last March when they suspended the sale after 12-16 hrs and then finished in in April , but that's not quite the same thing
I didn't have any cash to put on my debit card, and I thought the sale ended late tonight. Now that I know it goes through Monday, I can place an order.
Thanks

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I didn't have any cash to put on my debit card, and I thought the sale ended late tonight. Now that I know it goes through Monday, I can place an order.
Thanks

Got it -- makes sense now
Officially through Midnight Pacific, but like I mentioned either here or in one of the other threads -- WBShop hasn't always been reliable once you get to those last few hrs and have
been known to accidentially cut a sale short so don't wait too long. Hopefully you can find a group of titles you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks