What's new

Warner Archives in 2015, Take A Shot! (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
That would finish up both Kildare and Spenser and get to the halfway point with Lawman. I'm really surprised we haven't seen the next to last season on Medical Center already.

Randy, I hope you are right on Alice season 5. It's been a while and it's the last really good season. IMO. Thye can happily stall the Jolene years as far as I'm concerned.

I really did expect we might see some movement with WHV this year (Starting Chico, Continuing Mayberry, etc.) but it doesn't look as though that will happen.

I really hope September - November might bring us one of those one season gems we have been expecting (Hank, Sam Benedict)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
You would think that if you are correct they should be adding a couple more shows into the rotation as with those predictions you made, it would leave for 2016:

Lawman - 2 seasons remaining

Medical Center - 1 season remaining

Growing Pains - 2 seasons remaining (although I think they release season 6 yet this year)

George Lopez - 1 season remaining

Falcon Crest - Stalled

Alice - Stalled

Since the only new show we are fairly certain they are starting next year is Colt 45, that leaves quite a few holes for some multiple season shows in 2016. Im really hoping that means next year is finally the year for the detective series, Mr Novak, or Thin Man.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I would say these that you mentioned are strong possibilities for next year at least a couple of them anyway: detective series, Mr Novak, or Thin Man.

The key for me is that for the above series they continue to acknowledge music issues but also that they are working to clear them while other shows they simply mention clearance issues prevent us from releasing this show. Which sounds much more final to me. If they had given up on Detective shows, Mr. Novak and Thin Man I think the answer would be the same. I just can't see them continue to work on clearing these shows spending both time and money if they didn't believe they could clear them. Of course its possible that they may eventually release them in a music compromised version as well but they are certainly doing everything they can to avoid that.

Another one season show: The Alaskans has been rumored for next year.

Concerning Alice I just consider it a remote possibility late this year. They certainly haven't indicated it is coming yet.

Frank Soyke said:
You would think that if you are correct they should be adding a couple more shows into the rotation as with those predictions you made, it would leave for 2016:

Lawman - 2 seasons remaining

Medical Center - 1 season remaining

Growing Pains - 2 seasons remaining (although I think they release season 6 yet this year)

George Lopez - 1 season remaining

Falcon Crest - Stalled

Alice - Stalled

Since the only new show we are fairly certain they are starting next year is Colt 45, that leaves quite a few holes for some multiple season shows in 2016. Im really hoping that means next year is finally the year for the detective series, Mr Novak, or Thin Man.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Frank Soyke said:
That would finish up both Kildare and Spenser and get to the halfway point with Lawman. I'm really surprised we haven't seen the next to last season on Medical Center already.
Randy, I hope you are right on Alice season 5. It's been a while and it's the last really good season. IMO. Thye can happily stall the Jolene years as far as I'm concerned.
I really did expect we might see some movement with WHV this year (Starting Chico, Continuing Mayberry, etc.) but it doesn't look as though that will happen.
I really hope September - November might bring us one of those one season gems we have been expecting (Hank, Sam Benedict)
I thought Mayberry was a CBS/Paramount series?

James

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
How The West Was Won seems to be stalled with one season remaining.

They have been streaming McClain's Law for quite a while. I have been hoping for a DVD release of this one-season show with only about 16 episodes.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Randy Korstick said:
I would say these that you mentioned are strong possibilities for next year at least a couple of them anyway: detective series, Mr Novak, or Thin Man.

The key for me is that for the above series they continue to acknowledge music issues but also that they are working to clear them while other shows they simply mention clearance issues prevent us from releasing this show. Which sounds much more final to me. If they had given up on Detective shows, Mr. Novak and Thin Man I think the answer would be the same. I just can't see them continue to work on clearing these shows spending both time and money if they didn't believe they could clear them. Of course its possible that they may eventually release them in a music compromised version as well but they are certainly doing everything they can to avoid that.
Mr. Novak and the Thin Man are MGM properties, like Medical Center, Dr. Kildare, and The Lieutenant--those don't seem to have had any music rights issues, like the Warner shows.

ETA: just saw Neil's post about the two-parter Novak, so maybe it is an issue. Certainly not as problematic as the song-laden WB shows, though.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
WA has stated on FB that Thin Man and Mr. Novak have rights issues. They did not clarity what the rights issues are on Thin Man but did acknowledge its 2 episodes in Mr. Novak as you noted.

Guy Foulard said:
Mr. Novak and the Thin Man are MGM properties, like Medical Center, Dr. Kildare, and The Lieutenant--those don't seem to have had any music rights issues, like the Warner shows.

ETA: just saw Neil's post about the two-parter Novak, so maybe it is an issue. Certainly not as problematic as the song-laden WB shows, though.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Nope Mayberry R.F.D. Season 1 was released by WHV and is stalled. It has been long expected that it will continue with warner archive but no movement yet. Only Andy Griffith show was CBS/Paramount.

Lawman had 4 seasons from 1958-1962.

JamesSmith said:
I thought Mayberry was a CBS/Paramount series?

James

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
HTWWW was a Warner Home Video release and is still with them but it is possible that they could turn the final season over to Warner Archive.

JMas said:
How The West Was Won seems to be stalled with one season remaining.

They have been streaming McClain's Law for quite a while. I have been hoping for a DVD release of this one-season show with only about 16 episodes.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Still in the vaults, pre-1990 shows:

Dramas

The Thin Man

Cain's Hundred

The Islanders

National Velvet

Asphalt Jungle

Mr. Novak

Sam Benedict

Then Came Bronson

Jigsaw John

The Eleventh Hour

McClain's Law

Lucan

Bronk

Executive Suite

A Man Called Shenandoah

Northwest Passage

Doc Elliot

Travels of Jamie McPheeters

Hondo

Warner Brothers Presents

Conflict

G.E. True

Colt .45

The Alaskans

Temple Houston

77 Sunset Strip

Hawaiian Eye

Surfside 6

Bourbon Street Beat

Roaring 20s

Kaz

Big Shamus, Little Shamus

Apple's Way

The Blue Knight

Hunter

Secrets of Midland Heights

Flamingo Road

King's Crossing

Detective in the House

Midnight Caller

Paradise

Skag

Two Marriages

Morningstar/Eveningstar

Our Family Honor

Second Chances

Hotel Malibu

Banyon

The Delphi Bureau

Assignment Vienna

The Cowboys

The New Land

Code R

Kodiak

The Fitzpatricks

Rafferty

Young Maverick

Time Express

California Fever

The Yeagars

Freebie and the Bean

Enos

The Mississippi

Bare Essence

Casablanca

Shadow Chasers

Hot Pursuit

A Man Called Hawk

Eye To Eye

Double Dare

Shell Game

Me and Mom

Young Dr. Kildare

Adams of Eagle Lake

Gavilan

Comedies:

Room For One More

Mr. Roberts

No Time For Sergeants

Wendy and Me

Adam's Rib

Many Happy Returns

The Little People aka The Brian Keith Show

Harry's Girls

Father of the Bride

Hank

The Rounders

Please Don't Eat The Daisies

Valerie

The Waverly Wonders

Flatbush

Just Our Luck

The Redd Foxx Show

The Chicago Teddy Bears

Dorothy

Park Place

Six O'Clock Follies

Private Benjamin

Goodnight Beantown

The Practice

Love Sidney

My Sister Sam

Just The Ten of Us

Molloy

Head of the Class

The Montefuscos

Empire

We Got It Made

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Does Warner's own the rights to Dr.Kildare season 5?(half-hours) I've seen overseas broadcasts distributed by Republic - which owns the old NTA library which was NBC films.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Neil,

That's a enough to keep the WB Archives busy for four years at least. And that's not counting their animated series.

James

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
My mother asks me every so often about The Thin Man. I'd love to be able to get that for her.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
DeWilson said:
Does Warner's own the rights to Dr.Kildare season 5?(half-hours) I've seen overseas broadcasts distributed by Republic - which owns the old NTA library which was NBC films.

I had wondered the same thing but apparently they do. Hank was another show distributed internationally by Republic but the rights are with Warner.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Still in the vaults, pre-1990 shows:

Dramas

The Thin Man
Cain's Hundred
The Islanders
National Velvet
Asphalt Jungle
Mr. Novak
Sam Benedict
Then Came Bronson
Jigsaw John
The Eleventh Hour
McClain's Law
Lucan
Bronk
Executive Suite
A Man Called Shenandoah
Northwest Passage
Doc Elliot
Travels of Jamie McPheeters
Hondo
Warner Brothers Presents
Conflict
G.E. True
Colt .45
The Alaskans
Temple Houston
77 Sunset Strip
Hawaiian Eye
Surfside 6
Bourbon Street Beat
Roaring 20s
Kaz
Big Shamus, Little Shamus
Apple's Way
The Blue Knight
Hunter
Secrets of Midland Heights
Flamingo Road
King's Crossing
Detective in the House
Midnight Caller
Paradise
Skag
Two Marriages
Morningstar/Eveningstar
Our Family Honor
Second Chances
Hotel Malibu
Banyon
The Delphi Bureau
Assignment Vienna
The Cowboys
The New Land
Code R
Kodiak
The Fitzpatricks
Rafferty
Young Maverick
Time Express
California Fever
The Yeagars
Freebie and the Bean
Enos
The Mississippi
Bare Essence
Casablanca
Shadow Chasers
Hot Pursuit
A Man Called Hawk
Eye To Eye
Double Dare
Shell Game
Me and Mom
Young Dr. Kildare
Adams of Eagle Lake
Gavilan

Comedies:

Room For One More
Mr. Roberts
No Time For Sergeants
Wendy and Me
Adam's Rib
Many Happy Returns
The Little People aka The Brian Keith Show
Harry's Girls
Father of the Bride
Hank
The Rounders
Please Don't Eat The Daisies
Valerie
The Waverly Wonders
Flatbush
Just Our Luck
The Redd Foxx Show
The Chicago Teddy Bears
Dorothy
Park Place
Six O'Clock Follies
Private Benjamin
Goodnight Beantown
The Practice
Love Sidney
My Sister Sam
Just The Ten of Us
Molloy
Head of the Class
The Montefuscos
Empire
We Got It Made
Neil ,
Thanks for posting the list .
Do you think there's any chance for shows like Room For One More , Father Of the Bride , Please Don't Eat The Daisies, Many Happy Returns to be released on Warner's Archive program?

I have my fingers crossed!

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
LouA said:
Neil ,
Do you think there's any chance for shows like Room For One More , Father Of the Bride , Please Don't Eat The Daisies, Many Happy Returns to be released on Warner's Archive program?

I've been waiting for Please Don't Eat the Daisies on DVD for years. I do know that the Righteous Brothers appear on a Season 2 episode and perform a couple of songs, so that is probably what is holding up its release.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I've been waiting for Please Don't Eat the Daisies on DVD for years. I do know that the Righteous Brothers appear on a Season 2 episode and perform a couple of songs, so that is probably what is holding up its release.
Music clearance issues are problematic for a lot of shows. It's the reason we may never see the WB detective shows on DVD.

But you would think that the 2 songs on PDETD should be fairly easy to work out . But then again Universal wasn't able to release the Munsters episode with the Standells unedited , so who knows.

Let's hope we all of the shows on Neil's list someday.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
LouA said:
Neil ,

So do I. Room for One More was one of my biggest wants for years. Luckily I was able to get all but 2 episodes when the Warner 16mm prints flooded the market in the early 90s. Of the 4 shows you mentioned, I would think PDETD has the best chance since its 2 seasons and in color. Black and white one-season sitcoms are very scarce as legitimate releases.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
So do I. Room for One More was one of my biggest wants for years. Luckily I was able to get all but 2 episodes when the Warner 16mm prints flooded the market in the early 90s. Of the 4 shows you mentioned, I would think PDETD has the best chance since its 2 seasons and in color. Black and white one-season sitcoms are very scarce as legitimate releases.
I was able to get a complete run of PDETD, and most of Room For One More . It was a favorite of mine during the 1961 -62 season. So was Father of the Bride, but I've only been able to locate one episode of that show . The star Myrna Fahey, pops up in a lot of TV series , everything from Batman to Maverick to Zorro.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks