What's new

Warner Archives in 2015, Take A Shot! (1 Viewer)

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Apple's Way?? My mom and sister LOVED that show. Dad and I hated it . Seeing that on a list gave me a good laugh!!

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Frank Soyke said:
I think we will see the next to last season of Medical Center in July and beyond that I have no idea. Maybe Enos finally

Judging by recent posts, I'm fairly certain we will not see: The 4 detective shows, Mr. Novak, Roaring 20's, or the next seasons of Alice or Falcon Crest
Enos please, WA!!!

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
How is WB doing number-wise with their TV releases for this year as compared to 2014? I think it's pretty close.

James

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
Neil Brock said:
Wish list: Hank, No Time For Sergeants, Many Happy Returns, Adam's Rib, The Little People, Sam Benedict, Cain's Hundred, Mr. Roberts, Sam Benedict, Doc Elliot, Apple's Way
I'm with you Neil on these series: No Time For Sergeants, Sam Benedict (only once), Cain's Hundred, Mr. Roberts and adding The Thin Man to this list. Unfortunately the chances of seeing any of them are... well you know !

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
The Archive Facebook page has posted the July releases. For TV, its Growing Pains, Lawman, Snorks (animated) and Centurions (animated).

Nothing for me (and my credit card breathes a sigh of relief), but congrats to the fans of those 4 shows.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Neil Brock said:
Wish list: Hank, No Time For Sergeants, Many Happy Returns, Adam's Rib, The Little People, Sam Benedict, Cain's Hundred, Mr. Roberts, Sam Benedict, Doc Elliot, Apple's Way
What? No love for Chicago Teddy Bears? Time Express?

James

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Dave Lawrence said:
The Archive Facebook page has posted the July releases. For TV, its Growing Pains, Lawman, Snorks (animated) and Centurions (animated).

Nothing for me (and my credit card breathes a sigh of relief), but congrats to the fans of those 4 shows.
I guess this is just the Lawman season 1 release that came out 2 months ago, just adding to their site. I was excited thinking season 2 was coming so soon but I guess not. That coupled with the rest of July's lineup, a little underwhelming IMO.

Was really hoping for these previously promised one season sitcoms or at least the next season of Medical Center ratheer than a later season of a 80's sitcom and and just the addition of an already released title plus to the cartoons. No offense to fans of that stuff.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Frank Soyke said:
I guess this is just the Lawman season 1 release that came out 2 months ago, just adding to their site. I was excited thinking season 2 was coming so soon but I guess not. That coupled with the rest of July's lineup, a little underwhelming IMO.

Was really hoping for these previously promised one season sitcoms or at least the next season of Medical Center ratheer than a later season of a 80's sitcom and and just the addition of an already released title plus to the cartoons. No offense to fans of that stuff.

Unless the cartoons are the complete half hour Quick Draw McGraw shows or the remainder of Huckleberry Hound, I'm not at all interested.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Hi Frank

Please don't take this the wrong way I mean no offense but I was just curious as you keep mentioning promised one season sitcoms. I follow this forum and WA FB regularly and never saw this so I was wondering where you got this information. I remember Neil posting here what one season sitcoms they would have and I see people ask about them on FB all the time but their answer is always "nothing to report" or "no news at this time" which in WA terms means they are currently not being worked on. They did promise last year that more one season 60's shows were on the way but I think those were Maya, The Dakotas and Jericho.

Anything is possible with WA because of the low risk but I personally don't see them doing many if any one season 60's sitcoms. My reasoning is that most old one season shows are basically forgotten or unknown now. I think people are much more likely to blind buy one season Adventure shows or Westerns than a sitcom they haven't seen or don't know. Just the way I see it.

Frank Soyke said:
were on the way but I believeI guess this is just the Lawman season 1 release that came out 2 months ago, just adding to their site. I was excited thinking season 2 was coming so soon but I guess not. That coupled with the rest of July's lineup, a little underwhelming IMO.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Randy Korstick said:
Hi Frank

Please don't take this the wrong way I mean no offense but I was just curious as you keep mentioning promised one season sitcoms. I follow this forum and WA FB regularly and never saw this so I was wondering where you got this information. I remember Neil posting here what one season sitcoms they would have and I see people ask about them on FB all the time but their answer is always "nothing to report" or "no news at this time" which in WA terms means they are currently not being worked on. They did promise last year that more one season 60's shows were on the way but I think those were Maya, The Dakotas and Jericho.

Anything is possible with WA because of the low risk but I personally don't see them doing many if any one season 60's sitcoms. My reasoning is that most old one season shows are basically forgotten or unknown now. I think people are much more likely to blind buy one season Adventure shows or Westerns than a sitcom they haven't seen or don't know. Just the way I see it.
Randy, I wish I could go back to the exact post on their Facebook page, but I am certain that earlier this year, they answered a posters question with a response that "some" one season sitcoms would be coming this year. They didn't specify which ones or how many but I do remember the post vividly because it is what elicited responses from some on this forum.

I do agree with you though that I don't really see many coming for the exact reasons you mentioned. As much as I'd love to see stuff like Many Happy Returns and Hank, I don't really see it happening either.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I truly thought when they posted this, Enos was one of the most obvious titles implied. On that one particularly, because of it's association with the iconic Dukes, I think it probably would elicit as many sales as a blind buy on a western or adventure show.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Ok thanks. Its highly possible that I missed it. I have read about Enos and think that it will eventually be coming. I would like to see The Thin Man released. That may have a shot because the movies are known.

Frank Soyke said:
Randy, I wish I could go back to the exact post on their Facebook page, but I am certain that earlier this year, they answered a posters question with a response that "some" one season sitcoms would be coming this year. They didn't specify which ones or how many but I do remember the post vividly because it is what elicited responses from some on this forum.

I do agree with you though that I don't really see many coming for the exact reasons you mentioned. As much as I'd love to see stuff like Many Happy Returns and Hank, I don't really see it happening either.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Would love to see the Thin Man as well. I have an alternate set but would love to replace with a better copy. I know when it is asked about, they have been very non-commital on it in the past.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Randy Korstick said:
I would like to see The Thin Man released. That may have a shot because the movies are known.

I'm wondering about The Thin Man episodes; two were included as bonus material on, respectively, The Thin Man Collection (the DVD set of the Thin Man movies, the episode included was Season Two's "Darling, I Loathe You") and the Forbidden Planet disc releases from 2005 (the Season One episode, "Robot Client", which featured Robby the Robot). Both are in good condition, with fairly sharp, crisp picture and sound, comparable to a decent CBS/Paramount black & white series release.

Did Turner/Warner spiff up the entire series for (potential) play on (early) TNT, Turner South, GoodLife, etc? Or, since these were released during the mid-2000s heyday of DVD/physical media, were these two episodes dug up and individually restored, just for these disc releases? I'd be inclined to believe the former scenario, since neither of these episodes were the series' pilot. If this is indeed the case, unless there are complex and/or expensive underlying rights issues involved (perhaps concerning music and/or the literary rights), I don't see why we wouldn't see the two-season run eventually released through Warner Archive, epecially with the Thin Man brand recognition (relatively speaking), ala Sherlock Holmes and Tarzan. Frankly, I'm surprised TCM has never, to my knowledge, run some or all of The Thin Man episodes... seems right up their alley.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
While I am not positive I know TNT aired alot of Mgm tv shows in the 90's so I would say its a safe bet they aired this and that could be where the episodes came from. I suspect they did some additional digital clean up on those 2 episodes as WA always requires that.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I got my Thin Man episodes recorded from the station in St. Cloud which pioneered the TV Heaven concept and ran tons of previously rare series.

Regarding the one-season sitcom query, Warner posted a couple of months ago that all of the clearances were completed on Hank and they were in the process of or waiting to create new transfers. They didn't state that a release was forthcoming but if that doesn't imply that it is, I don't know what would. I'm thinking that at the very worst, they'll put it on their streaming site.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Neil Brock said:
Have you seen either of those shows since the 70s? I have. 'nuff said.
Neil, you come across with quite the condescending attitude. I love your knowledge of TV history but that does not mean you have to be snobbish to people. We get that you don't like these shows. That doesn't mean that someone else wouldn't. Chicago Teddy Bears features names recognizable to fans of classic TV: Dean Jones, John Banner and Jamie Farr. I'm sure it was of somewhat low quality given the fact CBS cancelled it after 3 months. The "nuff said" just doesn't cut it, Neil. How many of the shows you clamor for have been seen in recent memory? Perhaps someone else feels "nuff said" in relation to the shows you constantly mention wanting.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Posters need to stop making personal comments towards other posters. If you don't like the posting style of a particular member then place him on "ignore" and forget about them. Everyone is entitled to express their opinions about TV shows, but we need to stay on topic instead of attacking each other. I don't understand why this particular forum generates more hostility among the membership than any other forum on HTF. This type of forum behavior is puzzling to the HTF Administrative Staff. With that said, it has to stop because people should be able to express their opinion without being attacked for expressing it just because you don't agree with that particular opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks