What's new

Warner Archives in 2014? Take A Shot! (1 Viewer)

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Coming tomorrow:
ae.jpg

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
That will be an instant buy for me! I am so glad that it only took ultimately about 3.5 years to get all nine seasons out on DVD. When the Archive program began this was my #1 title of TV shows I wanted to see released and in making it to conclusion, I think Warner Archive has more than validated the confidence that when any title gets started by them we can always be assured it will be seen through to completion, which is a confidence that no other major studio can claim.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Could Warner consider Clint Walker's short-lived series "Kodiak"? It only ran for four episodes on ABC in the fall of 1974 with supposedly an additional nine episodes filmed, but never aired. Funny, each of the later seasons of Walker's "Cheyenne" series yielded 13 episodes from 1959 to 1962, after his walkout and suspension by the studio had ended. I'd go for "Kodiak", indeed!

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
JamesSmith said:
Wizards and WarriorsEnosThen came BronsonSearch/ProbeBanana SplitsChatanooga CstsClue ClubWhere's HuddlesTarzan (animated)New Advenures of GilliganGilligans PlanetJames,
isn't the animated Tarzan owned by Dreamworks Classics (successor-in-interest to Entertainment Rights and Filmation)?

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
Gary OS said:
Which is greatly inferior, imho, to their original 70's run of The Harlem Globetrotters. That's the series I want them to release (but it's not going to happen because of ownership issues).

Gary "I'd also be in favor of some one season series releases" O.
Shout Factory could do it under license from CBS.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
My guess for next week is Sugarfoot 4 or Alice 5. I think WB Archives might try to close out a few series before the year ends.

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
oldtvshowbuff said:
Could Warner consider Clint Walker's short-lived series "Kodiak"? It only ran for four episodes on ABC in the fall of 1974 with supposedly an additional nine episodes filmed, but never aired. Funny, each of the later seasons of Walker's "Cheyenne" series yielded 13 episodes from 1959 to 1962, after his walkout and suspension by the studio had ended. I'd go for "Kodiak", indeed!
Cheyenne was good, Kodiak was foolishness. Somebody said it best about the show at IMDB (referencing the show's narration):
"The Big Man lives in a Big Land, has a Big Job, drives a Big Truck,lives in a Big House,eats a Big Meal, and takes a Big S**t, Big Deal !!"

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Sky Captain said:
isn't the animated Tarzan owned by Dreamworks Classics (successor-in-interest to Entertainment Rights and Filmation)?
I'm fairly certain that ownership of Tarzan, like all of the other properties that Filmation licenced from other entities (the DC Comics heroes, Star Trek, etc) reverted back to the original rights holders, so the Edgar Rice Burroughs estate, in this case.

Wezzo

Second Unit
Wezzo said:
I do wonder whether some other current Warner shows will be making the jump to Archive DVD-R. I don't know if I'd say it feels likely, but it wouldn't surprise me if the likes of The Middle and Hart of Dixie shift over there, especially given The Middle's massive delay for S3 (due to poor sales, I understand) and the lack of announcement for the fall so far. Hope I'm wrong, though.
My prediction has come at least 50% true: The Middle S5 is on deck for next week.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
do you think there'll be a new tv release tomorrow, Oct 14. I forgot if they do or do not do releases the week of a bank holiday?James

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Bronco Season 2 released today. It came pretty fast as Season 1 was released earlier this year. I was expecting it next month but glad to see it. So if they follow the same pattern of the last 2 years then we have 6 more weeks of new releases for this year.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Good news about Bronco. It should not be too long before we are through Bronco and Sugarfoot. Then I wonder which western will be next?

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Likely possibilities for the rest of October/November:

1) Sugarfoot - Final Season (4)

2) Medical Center - Season 6

3) Kildare - Season 4

4) Daktari - Final Season (4)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Seems a bit too soon for more Daktari. Season 3 just came out a few weeks ago.

I'm not a big follower of their patterns, but I would think that late winter or spring at the earliest would make more sense to wrap up Daktari.

And if I'm not mistaken, the gaps between the first three have been pretty lengthy. So I wouldn't be surprised if season 4 doesn't appear until late 2015 or early 2016.

I'm glad that we can rest assured that this one will be finished. About had given up hope of it ever happening on DVD five years ago. Yet it's on the threshold of being finished.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
LeoA said:
Seems a bit too soon for more Daktari. Season 3 just came out a few weeks ago.

I'm not a big follower of their patterns, but I would think that late winter or spring at the earliest would make more sense to wrap up Daktari.

And if I'm not mistaken, the gaps between the first three have been pretty lengthy. So I wouldn't be surprised if season 4 doesn't appear until late 2015 or early 2016.

I'm glad that we can rest assured that this one will be finished. About had given up hope of it ever happening on DVD five years ago. Yet it's on the threshold of being finished

Season 3 was released in July

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Checking TVShowsonDVD.com it looks like the gap between releases for Daktari has been 15-16 months.

So I wouldn't expect the final season of Daktari until Fall 2015 at the earliest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks