Astairefan

Second Unit
Reaction score
Real Name
Neil Powell
So this is the 30s movie they were talking about trying to release! While I've never seen it, I want to, so it's a day one, full price purchase for me! And let me be the person to remind everybody: this is WAC's FIRST release of a 30s film on Blu-ray in nearly 4 YEARS. Otherwise translated, they are expensive restorations and/or poor sellers, so if you want more for that decade (and you want this release), you REALLY need to support this release! Especially if you want more of the series. Do not delay, do not wait for a sale (and especially DO NOT wait for a boxset, as it will be a tough enough job just to get more than this film on Blu-ray). So start saving for this one RIGHT NOW!

StarDestroyer52

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
John
TBH, I think we're lucky to get the first film on Blu-ray.
Agreed. I just about gave up hope on this one. I still we keep my Thin Man 4-film Collection but can watch the 1st on Blu

Reactions: PMF and Conrad_SSS

battlebeast

Producer
Reaction score
Website
www.oscarmovs.com
Real Name
Warren
I'm tickled too! This is a great film. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope they include the documentary Alias Nick and Nora on the disc, too.

Reactions: LeoA and PMF

Josh Steinberg

Executive Producer
Reviewer
Reaction score
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’ll claim credit for this - my wife recently got me the four movie set on DVD, so naturally, a Blu-ray has just been announced :D

Randy Korstick

Producer
Reaction score
I’ll claim credit for this - my wife recently got me the four movie set on DVD, so naturally, a Blu-ray has just been announced :D
Should be a 6 movie set unless they re-released it with only 4 of the movies

Reactions: Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
Not so fast, I bought the HD digital of it from iTunes.;)

Reactions: PMF and battlebeast

Matt Hough

Director
Reviewer
Reaction score
Real Name
Matt Hough
At long last! And I never expected to see it because current TCM broadcasts and the DVD look pretty rough in terms of dirt and damage. Of the original six, I do rewatch it the most often.

Reactions: LeoA

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GPS