What's new

Warner Archive Show Boat : Universal logo chopped off (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Roger Grodsky said:
I don't recall the Universal logo at the beginning of the Criterion laserdisc. Was it there?
Nope. Just checked. No opening studio logo on the Criterion CAV or the all-versions box set.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
AnthonyClarke said:
Please stop talking about this Show Boat. It makes me feel so left-out since Warners refuse to sell this title to Australia.
Yes, it may one day ... may ... be available through another online retailer such as Amazon, but by then it will be a burn-on-demand disc, not pressed.
You people are so lucky to have it, with or without the Universal logo ....
My understanding is that all WA titles on Amazon are burned. I have always gotten pressed disks from deep discount, which now has showboat: http://www.deepdiscount.com/dvd/SHOW-BOAT-883316951767.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Amazon burns the discs themselves, instead of receiving stock from Warner. As a result, everything is burnt, even if Warner pressed an initial run.

Aunt Peg

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William Edwards
Living outside of the U.S. and desperate for a pressed disc I purchased one from a seller three weeks ago which arrived today.

Very happy with the purchase, despite the huge postage cost to Australia.

I also noticed Movies Unlimited are now selling Show Boat but it's DVD-R.

Didn't know that Deep Discount sell pressed versions when available. I will have to keep them in mind next time Warners pull this sort of thing again. Though I have had no problems with any of Warners DVD-R discs I prefer pressed ones myself.

Real Name
Takayuki Kihara
Bought Show Boat from Movies Unlimited a couple of weeks ago, and it was a pressed disc. They listed it as DVD-R even when I bought it, so they might still be offering the pressed discs, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks