What's new

Warner Archive releasing Vision Quest in May! (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This is the 4th title announced for May. Another personal favorite from 1985.

Vision Quest (1985)

NEW 2017 1080p HD REMASTER
BD 50
107:00
English SDH
DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 STEREO - English
ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 1.78:1 -16x9 FULL FRAME
COLOR
Theatrical Trailers- (HD)

High school wrestler Louden Swain is a man obsessed, trying to shed 23 pounds in a dangerously short time and take on Shute, the undefeated, tough-as-nails 168-pound champion who’s the best wrestler in the state. Matthew Modine stars as the mop-headed student undeterred in his Vision Quest...until the day a sexy drifter (Linda Fiorentino) threatens to pin Louden and his dreams to the mat of unrequited love. The hit soundtrack features Journey’s “Only the Young,” Foreigner’s “Hot Blooded” and John Waite’s “Change.” In her first film, Madonna shines while performing “Gambler” and “Crazy for You.” You’ll go crazy for Vision Quest.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Love the songs "Change" and Journey's "Only the Young," but have the music on CD, and the movie itself doesn't move me, so this will probably be the only title so far announced this month that I will pass over. Still another terrific, eclectic mix. Great work, Mr. Feltenstein & Co.!

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
The "Only the young" song is about the only good thing that came out of this movie. And yes, I'm guilty of seeing it first run. :)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
So far nothing for me this month which is a first although I may blind buy Seven days in May somewhere down the line. But yes I love that WA is continuing to mix it up with a big variety every month to try to get something out for everyone.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
This is a movie I'd like to see again, but I don't think it's one I need to own.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
This is the 4th title announced for May. Another personal favorite from 1985.

Vision Quest (1985)

NEW 2017 1080p HD REMASTER
BD 50
107:00
English SDH
DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 STEREO - English
ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 1.78:1 -16x9 FULL FRAME
COLOR
Theatrical Trailers- (HD)

High school wrestler Louden Swain is a man obsessed, trying to shed 23 pounds in a dangerously short time and take on Shute, the undefeated, tough-as-nails 168-pound champion who’s the best wrestler in the state. Matthew Modine stars as the mop-headed student undeterred in his Vision Quest...until the day a sexy drifter (Linda Fiorentino) threatens to pin Louden and his dreams to the mat of unrequited love. The hit soundtrack features Journey’s “Only the Young,” Foreigner’s “Hot Blooded” and John Waite’s “Change.” In her first film, Madonna shines while performing “Gambler” and “Crazy for You.” You’ll go crazy for Vision Quest.

This is great news!

I had the crummy snapper case pan and scan DVD for a long time, but I could never enjoy it knowing all my other favorite 80's films were getting the 5 star treatment, and Vision Quest was treated so poorly.

This News made my day.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Love this film. One of the best of the many coming-of-age films released in the '80s. I've owned it on VHS, full-frame DVD, widescreen WA DVD, and will now grab this Blu-ray. A note about the music, since that is what most here are discussing: Tangerine Dream's original score was, unfortunately, heavily truncated to make room for the pop songs (an earlier Jack Nitzsche score was rejected). It was all the machinations involved with perfecting the soundtrack that delayed the film's release for a year or so. Madonna was an unknown when her cameo was filmed, but a megastar by the time the film was finally released...overseas, the film was called CRAZY FOR YOU, to capitalize on her burgeoning fame.

The d.p. was no slouch, either. ;) Owen Roizman was a rock star among cinematographers in '70s. By this point, though, he'd started to slow down a bit. So, considering the repute of its cinematographer, it's great that this film is finally getting treated right, in terms of home video presentation, after so many years in full-frame transfers. Production designer Bill Malley, like Roizman, earlier worked in the same capacity on THE EXORCIST.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Glad to hear it, but would a film from 1985 really have an "original aspect ratio" of 1.78 ?

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
This is one WAC release that I'll be wrestling with.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
What a great movie. So nice to see it looking so good, it was like seeing it for the first time.
Now if WB will release 'Stand, and Deliver' I will be all set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks