What's new

Warner Archive Release: Love Me or Leave Me (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Specs posted by WAC:

LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME (1955)
BD-50
NEW 2016 1080p HD REMASTER
16x9 LETTERBOX -2.55:1-ASPECT RATIO
DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO 5.1 SURROUND
ENGLISH SDH SUBTITLES
COLOR
122 MINUTES
BD-50

SPECIAL FEATURES (All 1080p HD)
Vintage short subjects:
SALUTE TO THE THEATERS (a/k/a 1955 MOTION PICTURE CELEBRATION-MGM promotional short, includes behind-the-scenes filming of LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME)
ROSELAND (1930 Vitaphone short starring RUTH ETTING)
A MODERN CINDERELLA (1932 Vitaphone short starring RUTH ETTING)
ORIGINAL THEATRICAL TRAILER

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
I am not familiar with this film but on the basis of many positive comments on this site I will be ordering it when the link is available. I always enjoy James Cagney.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I am not familiar with this film but on the basis of many positive comments on this site I will be ordering it when the link is available. I always enjoy James Cagney.
Cagney received a well-deserved Oscar nomination for his work in this film. Doris certainly deserved a nomination as well for her fantastic performance, and her singing in this is probably the best in any of her musicals (and that's saying a lot).

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Recently bought Love Me or Leave Me on DVD and enjoyed it greatly. All the way through, I kept thinking this would look splendid on Blu, but it'll never happen. So pleased to be proven wrong, and will definitely upgrade.

Cagney and Day are always top-notch, but a word too re the bankable Cameron Mitchell, who puts in an excellent performance here. Mitchell was etched into my soul during my early years as that other Uncle Buck ...Buck Cannon in The High Chaparral ...magnificent!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Recently bought Love Me or Leave Me on DVD and enjoyed it greatly. All the way through, I kept thinking this would look splendid on Blu, but it'll never happen. So pleased to be proven wrong, and will definitely upgrade.

Cagney and Day are always top-notch, but a word too re the bankable Cameron Mitchell, who puts in an excellent performance here. Mitchell was etched into my soul during my early years as that other Uncle Buck ...Buck Cannon in The High Chaparral ...magnificent!

I've always found it interesting that 20th Century Fox frequently cast Cameron Mitchell as weak, impetuous, unreliable and lecherous but MGM cast him in a sympathetic role.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks