Warner Archive question

Mark Y

Screenwriter
I know there are a couple of Warner Archive threads in "Film & Documentary," but my question doesn't seem to fit in either of those...

Have they stated whether there are any plans or intentions to eventually release TV series through Warner Archive (shows that might not get a mainstream DVD release)? I am glad to see that they have gotten into short subjects with Our Gang and Joe McDoakes (I'd love to see more of that too). Or have they already started to do this and I just haven't been paying attention?

Thanks...

Richard V

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, Bourbon Street Beat, Surfside 6, Sugarfoot, Bronco, Lawman, Sugarfoot, Maverick, Cheyenne (to name just a few) for Warner Archive!!

Dave Scarpa

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Man From Atlantis Telefilm Now, interesting but $20 for the film only is a bit steep for me, if they had packaged it with the other 3 films and the 13 episodes of the series for a season set I might have bit.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
While it's a small consolation if you sign up through the WB Insiders you will get 25% off making the price $15. But I agree with you, I would rather see a bundle where the films came out at around 8$ a piece, or the series was bundled with it. It is a TV movie after all.

Regulus

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I'll probably Purchase both of the Gene Roddenberry Films, plus City Beneath the Sea, using the Xmas Money I will get from my relatives.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
When they announced the Archive series earlier this year they did say they would include some TV series, but not until next year at the earliest. Hopefully we will see the earlier Western and Detective series soon.

Stephen Bowie

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know for certain whether Warners acquired the rights and elements to the MGM TV series of the 50s-60s (Dr. Kildare, Mr. Novak, Cain's Hundred, The Lieutenant, the other Eleventh Hour, The Thin Man, etc.) along with the rest of the Turner library?

These are mostly better shows than the WB detectives & westerns, many of them were transferred to video for TNT, and so I thought it odd that none of them have been mentioned by the studio along with the old "classic WB" shows as Warner Archive candidates.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Dave Scarpa

Man From Atlantis Telefilm Now, interesting but $20 for the film only is a bit steep for me, if they had packaged it with the other 3 films and the 13 episodes of the series for a season set I might have bit.
Same here

younger1968

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i agree that is steep for the movie. Why would you not package the movie with the dvd set? Secondly, i find this funny they are planning to release the movie for Man from Atlantis, but, have not release the second gilligan's island movie. I would think fans that collect dvd sets would want complete sets including the movies. I for one would have wanted all the gilligan's island material, ie cartoon/movies/tv show.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spd1275