1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Warner Archive question

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mark Y, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Mark Y

Mark Y Screenwriter

I know there are a couple of Warner Archive threads in "Film & Documentary," but my question doesn't seem to fit in either of those...

Have they stated whether there are any plans or intentions to eventually release TV series through Warner Archive (shows that might not get a mainstream DVD release)? I am glad to see that they have gotten into short subjects with Our Gang and Joe McDoakes (I'd love to see more of that too). Or have they already started to do this and I just haven't been paying attention?

Thanks...

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

There's been some TV movies but I think Eleventh Hour (from last season) is the first series to come out through the Warner Archive. I assume over time, you'll see more.

3. LizH

LizH Second Unit

Max Headroom for Warner Archive!

4. Richard V

Richard V Cinematographer

Richard
    77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, Bourbon Street Beat, Surfside 6, Sugarfoot, Bronco, Lawman, Sugarfoot, Maverick, Cheyenne (to name just a few) for Warner Archive!!

5. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Man From Atlantis Telefilm Now, interesting but $20 for the film only is a bit steep for me, if they had packaged it with the other 3 films and the 13 episodes of the series for a season set I might have bit.

6. smithb

smithb Screenwriter

Brad Smith
    While it's a small consolation if you sign up through the WB Insiders you will get 25% off making the price $15. But I agree with you, I would rather see a bundle where the films came out at around 8$ a piece, or the series was bundled with it. It is a TV movie after all.

7. Regulus

Regulus Cinematographer

William Hughes
    I'll probably Purchase both of the Gene Roddenberry Films, plus City Beneath the Sea, using the Xmas Money I will get from my relatives.

8. cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly Screenwriter

Willard
    When they announced the Archive series earlier this year they did say they would include some TV series, but not until next year at the earliest. Hopefully we will see the earlier Western and Detective series soon.

9. Stephen Bowie

Stephen Bowie Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know for certain whether Warners acquired the rights and elements to the MGM TV series of the 50s-60s (Dr. Kildare, Mr. Novak, Cain's Hundred, The Lieutenant, the other Eleventh Hour, The Thin Man, etc.) along with the rest of the Turner library?

These are mostly better shows than the WB detectives & westerns, many of them were transferred to video for TNT, and so I thought it odd that none of them have been mentioned by the studio along with the old "classic WB" shows as Warner Archive candidates.

10. Duane Alford

Duane Alford Second Unit

Same here

11. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    i agree that is steep for the movie. Why would you not package the movie with the dvd set? Secondly, i find this funny they are planning to release the movie for Man from Atlantis, but, have not release the second gilligan's island movie. I would think fans that collect dvd sets would want complete sets including the movies. I for one would have wanted all the gilligan's island material, ie cartoon/movies/tv show.