What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Press Release: Ziegfeld Girl (1941) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
61qCgaLamCL._SL1000_.jpg

Specs and Preorder TBA

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Fantastic. Now, can we get WAC to finally release the Oscar-winning The Great Ziegfeld that kick-started the Ziegfeld cycle at MGM. WAC's gone about this backwards. I get it. It's Judy's centennial. And totally in for it too. But The Great Ziegfeld needs a Blu. Pretty please?!?

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Fantastic. Now, can we get WAC to finally release the Oscar-winning The Great Ziegfeld that kick-started the Ziegfeld cycle at MGM. WAC's gone about this backwards. I get it. It's Judy's centennial. And totally in for it too. But The Great Ziegfeld needs a Blu. Pretty please?!?
YES PLEASE!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
YES!! But wonder if they have good elements on it? Anything with Nat Pendleton and I am in! What a character he was! (off topic) Got the British film Gangway 1937 from VCI because he is in it playing of course a gangster some great scenes with Alastair Sim - still trying to figure if he was loaned by MGM for that one

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
YES!! But wonder if they have good elements on it? Anything with Nat Pendleton and I am in!
With the Harpo Marx wig and accent Nat Pendleton was unrecognizable to me in "The Great Ziegfeld."

I own the Itunes HD version of "The Great Ziegfeld" but it is unrestored and I am fairly certain it is the same transfer as broadcast on TCM.

Always odd to me that James Stewart is in this movie in such a small part. The role is the equivalent of the role he played in "Wife vs Secretary" back in 1936, boyfriend of the star of the picture . This role was the last or near the last he filmed before going in the service.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I believe they've misspelled the third-billed star on the cover ...
1651000283590.png
;)!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks