What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Press Release: Wagon Master (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
While it lists DVD, click the arrow under format next to DVD and it will give you the option to order the Blu-Ray.
You don't want to do that. The forum link takes you directly to the Warner Archive release even though Amazon has it mis-labeled as DVD. The other Blu-ray option that is selling for $50+ is not Warner Archive but an inferior Japanese Blu-ray.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Guys...

Here is another thing to consider...

The last four Archive titles I originally ordered on Amazon (Prisoner 2nd Avenue, Footlight Parade, Thin Man and Popeye) never arrived.

Amazon kept pushing the date back.

There seems to be some kind of conflict with Warner.

I ended up having to cancel all those titles and buy from BestBuy.

As much as I hate to deter you away from a sponsored link, I really don't think that ordering archive titles from Amazon is a good idea at this point.

PS: Thin Man just shipped from BestBuy

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Well I was right ...

F-ing Amazon! Of course they won't have this title in stock. It's Warner.

Best Buy doesn't stock it either. Will have to go to Deep Discount.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
With an inability to purchase WB & Disney product on Amazon, except via resellers, I’ve found Target the easiest with which to deal.

After an attempt to find Avengers 4k, and deciding not to opt to overpay Amazon’s reseller price for rare and collectible at $90+, I walked into a Target, and left with the product. They had dozens of copies.

The blame for the problem seems to rest solely with Amazon, who are film pirates, anyway.

Gotta love their kind.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
With an inability to purchase WB & Disney product on Amazon, except via resellers, I’ve found Target the easiest with which to deal.

After an attempt to find Avengers 4k, and deciding not to opt to overpay Amazon’s reseller price for rare and collectible at $90+, I walked into a Target, and left with the product. They had dozens of copies.

The blame for the problem seems to rest solely with Amazon, who are film pirates, anyway.

Gotta love their kind.
I'm a big Target supporter, but my local Target store just been remodeled and its BD section has been decimated with far less shelf space than beforehand. I mean there is hardly anything there compared to what it was earlier this year. From what I can gather, that's happening to all Target stores in which self space for video discs has been reduced significantly. The Iron Man and Thor movies that came out on 4K/UHD disc yesterday only had one copy of each film title. There were plenty of Endgame 4K/UHD discs with two different releases for sale at $34.99 and $29.99 respectively. However, it's not the same for catalog titles even for MCU releases.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Well I was right ...

F-ing Amazon! Of course they won't have this title in stock. It's Warner.

Best Buy doesn't stock it either. Will have to go to Deep Discount.

Do we have any idea what might be boing on with Best Buy? I've been buying some of the recent WAC releases from them (including some of the July titles), but they don't seem to have any of the WAC August titles available. Obviously, there are other options, but I'm just curious.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Do we have any idea what might be boing on with Best Buy? I've been buying some of the recent WAC releases from them (including some of the July titles), but they don't seem to have any of the WAC August titles available. Obviously, there are other options, but I'm just curious.

Not sure. Been buying all my WAC titles from them. This is the first month that I noticed they are not stocking titles.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just got done watching the "Wagon Master" Blu-ray. It has the same extras as the DVD. Overall, it looks really good for an RKO film.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I just got done watching the "Wagon Master" Blu-ray. It has the same extras as the DVD. Overall, it looks really good for an RKO film.

Looking forward to purchasing this one in the near future. Great western!

Gary "we need a lot more releases in this vein" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks