What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Press Release: Wagon Master (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Finally on Blu-ray, a really good western by the master himself, John Ford.

NEW 2019 1080p HD MASTER!

WAGONMASTER (1950)
Run Time 86:00
Subtitles English SDH
Sound Quality DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio 1.37; 4 X 3 FULL FRAME
Product Color BLACK & WHITE
Disc Configuration BD 50
Special Feature: Commentary by Harry Carey, Jr. and Peter Bogdanovich with archival contributions by John Ford

The rivers are wide and rapid. The desert is vast and unforgiving. And when the trail turns craggy, men use pickaxes to dig grooves for the wagon wheels. Mother Nature can be overcome, but human nature remains deadly and unpredictable: Outlaws are using the Mormon wagon train as a hideout from a pursuing posse.

John Ford’s Wagon Master is one of the legendary filmmaker’s personal favorites, a visually stirring celebration of Western will and cooperation set to the soundtrack crooning of the Sons of the Pioneers. Ben Johnson, Harry Carey Jr., Ward Bond (who would later lead TV’s Wagon Train) and other familiar Ford stock company players take the reins in this glorious paean to the pioneer spirit. “Wagons west!”

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My sincere apologies to AHollis and Astairefan as I had to delete some posts because I forgot to add the Reserved Pre-Order Link as the second post in this thread.

Well that's one Blu-ray purchase in August for me.:)

A purchase for me also.

Actually, there were a few more such titles like 3 Godfathers, Flying Leathernecks, Operation Pacific, Back to Bataan, The Wings of Eagles, and a personal favorite Tall in the Saddle, Of course, there are the Batjac titles like The HIgh and the Mighty and Island in the Sky that I don't know whether belongs to Paramount or Warner.:)

Any other Warner-owned movies that you made a similar note about? ;)

Last edited:

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Actually, there were a few more such titles like 3 Godfathers, Flying Leathernecks, Operation Pacific, Back to Bataan, The Wings of Eagles, and a personal favorite Tall in the Saddle, Of course, there are the Batjac titles like The HIgh and the Mighty and Island in the Sky that I don't know whether belongs to Paramount or Warner.:)
Ah, so we can probably expect a few of them to be announced soon. ;)

Reactions: PMF

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Ah, so we can probably expect a few of them to be announced soon. ;)
The Batjac titles are owned by the Wayne family and previously licensed to Paramount and released on DVD. I think Hondo was the only one released on Blu-ray. I don't know their current status.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Batjac titles are owned by the Wayne family and previously licensed to Paramount and released on DVD. I think Hondo was the only one released on Blu-ray. I don't know their current status.
Yeah, I don't know what the Wayne family is going to do with these Batjac titles.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I am so happy to get another John Ford classic. It’s another great month of Warner Archive announcements. I’ll probably be getting them all.
My sincere apologies to AHollis and Astairefan as I had to delete some posts because I forgot to add the Reserved Pre-Order Link as the second post in this thread.
I’ve never understood the need to reserve a post for the preorder link. Why can’t the link just be added the the original post?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
More John Ford on blu is a good thing. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Ford's swan song, the underrated Seven Women will appear sooner than later.

Yes a very interesting movie. I still have the Laserdisc and I belive that it never appeared on DVD.

Reactions: PMF

david hare

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david hare
The DVD was splendid, elements in great condition. This should be a treat in Blu. Among many others including Joe McBride and Tag Gallagher, boith of whom have written definitive Ford books, this is a top favorite Ford.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I also have the DVD. In fact, I just dug it out of the closet the other day and gave it a spin. From the first shot of the baddies before the title surrounded by smoke and shadow, I was spellbound. Well, I thought, this is one DVD I'm not going to need to replace with a blu. But now that it's announced...

My favorite Ford, along with THE SUN SHINES BRIGHT, and accruing a slightly less elevated but still high esteem, PILGRIMAGE, THE PRISONER OF SHARK ISLAND and SERGEANT RUTLEDGE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks