What's new

Warner Archive Press Release: The Mystery of the Wax Museum (1933) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
What I remember from those early 70's screenings, especially the nitrate, is the red and green Xmas decorations in the police station, accentuated by Glenda Farrell's red party dress. It's one of those patented Michael Curtiz tracking shots, beginning on a close-up of a record player, moving over to the tree, and then tracking back as Ms. Farrell enters, a blaze of red and green offset by her blonde hair. At least that's how I remember it. It's possible I improved on it a little over the years. I do recall that I saw the film again chiefly for that scene, so something must have been happening. Absolutely stunning, and of course the DVD had none of that.

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
1587586915227.png

Warner Bros. | 1933 | 77 min | Not rated | May 26, 2020

Mystery of the Wax Museum

Synopsis: Bodies are mysteriously disappearing all over town, and a new wax museum has just opened. Is there a connection? But of course! In this horror classic, Fay Wray (King Kong) stars as the intended next victim of a mad wax sculptor obsessed with her resemblance to one of his prior creations. Glenda Farrell plays a quintessential wisecracking newspaper reporter, and noted actor Lionel Atwill is the deranged artist who loses his studio to a fire set by his partner. Filmed in the early Two-Color Technicolor® process, The Mystery of the Wax Museum was considered a lost film for decades, until a well-worn print was discovered nearly 50 years ago. Thanks to the meticulous new restoration presented on this disc, the film can now be experienced as intended.

Special Features and Technical Specs:
  • BRAND NEW MASTER OF THE FILM - Restored by UCLA Film & Television Archive and The Film Foundation in association with Warner Bros. Entertainment. Funding provided by the George Lucas Family Foundation
  • Documentary "Remembering Fay Wray"
  • Audio Commentary by Author.Film Historian Alan K. Rode; Audio Commentary by Scott MacQueen, head of preservation, UCLA Film & Television Archive
  • Restoration Featurette
  • Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
As sometimes happens with Amazon, I get this message when I try to pre-order:

"Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I sort of gave up on ordering Warner Archive discs from Amazon. DeepDiscount tends to have the same prices (sometimes lower) and every single pre-order arrives at worst a few days after street date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks