ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Many Flintstones episodes have the incorrect openings on DVD.
Seasons 1-2 have the same opening title using the "Rise and Shine" theme song. But it is the closing credits on these first two seasons' worth that is really more wrong, that I hope a future BR re-release will correct. Seasons 1-2 only have the end credits from one of the season 1 episodes pasted all over.

Season 3 was the first time, starting with the third episode "Barney the Invisible," that we heard the familiar "Meet the Flintstones" theme music for the opening and closing. On this version, the work whistle is the actual bird's screech sound (not a real work whistle like we hear on the opening title for seasons 4-6).

Season 4 was the first time we saw Pebbles in the opening titles (she debuted late in season 3, on the episode "The Blessed Event"), and for the first time, we hear an actual work whistle sound coming out of the bird. This is also the only version of the intro where we see Pebbles playing with her "Building Boulders." This season also marked the debut of Barney and Betty Rubble's child, Bamm-Bamm, whose debut episode was "Little Bamm-Bamm" and would be seen alongside Pebbles in the season 5 opening title.

If I get this right...
Season 3's opening title has the work whistle bird screeching like a bird.
Season 4's opening title changes the work whistle bird's sound to a real work whistle, and Pebbles is seen for the first time, initially seen with her "Building Boulders."
Season 5's opening title is the one where Bamm-Bamm debuts. We see the Flintstones take Pebbles and Dino, followed by them picking up the Rubbles, their son Bamm-Bamm and pet Hoppy. The opening title finishes off with Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm placed on Dino's head.
Season 6's opening title is slightly re-scored by Ted Nichols.

Some season 6 episodes use a different closing theme, this one with Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm singing "Open Up Your Heart (and Let the Sunshine In)." In reruns, the first episode to debut the song -- "No Biz Like Show Biz" -- uses the standard "Meet the Flintstones" closing theme instead, but two other episodes, "Royal Rubble" and "Fred Goes Ape," retain it.

~Ben

Last edited:
Reactions: Gary16 and Sa5150

Sa5150

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
steve
Seasons 1-2 have the same opening title using the "Rise and Shine" theme song. But it is the closing credits on these first two seasons' worth that is really more wrong, that I hope a future BR re-release will correct. Seasons 1-2 only have the end credits from one of the season 1 episodes pasted all over.

Season 3 was the first time, starting with the third episode "Barney the Invisible," that we heard the familiar "Meet the Flintstones" theme music for the opening and closing. On this version, the work whistle is the actual bird's screech sound (not a real work whistle like we hear on the opening title for seasons 4-6).

Season 4 was the first time we saw Pebbles in the opening titles (she debuted late in season 3, on the episode "The Blessed Event"), and for the first time, we hear an actual work whistle sound coming out of the bird. This is also the only time we see Pebbles, when she is picked up by her parents while playing with her "Building Boulders." This season also marked the debut of Barney and Betty Rubble's child, Bamm-Bamm, whose debut episode was "Little Bamm-Bamm" and would be seen alongside Pebbles in the season 5 opening title.

If I get this right...
Season 3's opening title has the work whistle bird screeching like a bird.
Season 4's opening title changes the work whistle bird's sound to a real work whistle, and Pebbles is seen for the first time, initially seen with her "Building Boulders."
Season 5's opening title is the one where Bamm-Bamm debuts. We see the Flintstones take Pebbles and Dino, followed by them picking up the Rubbles, their son Bamm-Bamm and pet Hoppy. The opening title finishes off with Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm placed on Dino's head.
Season 6's opening title is slightly re-scored by Ted Nichols.

Some season 6 episodes use a different closing theme, this one with Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm singing "Open Up Your Heart (and Let the Sunshine In)." In reruns, the first episode to debut the song -- "No Biz Like Show Biz" -- uses the standard "Meet the Flintstones" closing theme instead, but two other episodes, "Royal Rubble" and "Fred Goes Ape," retain it.

~Ben
Wow , This is begging a blu-ray . :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I wonder if Ron ever got a response on the Jetsons email to amazon.
Is this about the lack of WAC titles being available on Amazon? This was some time ago so I don't remember.

I can tell you that Amazon blames Warner for the unavailability. However, I have been in touch with Warner and I can assure you, it wasn't Warner's fault.

Lately, I thought there are no further WAC/Amazon issues. Is this title still unavailable?

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Is this about the lack of WAC titles being available on Amazon? This was some time ago so I don't remember.

I can tell you that Amazon blames Warner for the unavailability. However, I have been in touch with Warner and I can assure you, it wasn't Warner's fault.

Lately, I thought there are no further WAC/Amazon issues. Is this title still unavailable?
Ron,

FYI...
Amazon product
~Ben

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
FWIW - I didn't notice anything specifically wrong with the opens (then it's not a top favorite show and something I'm not that attuned to) and the 1st season has its correct open (based on what I remember). Frankly, that's the only one I like and the first thing I noticed "wrong" when they changed the animation for the open during its original airing. I did not like the new open and still prefer the S1 open.

I'm certainly no expert on this show. It's one I purchased solely due to finding a set of seasons for quite a reasonable price - $5 each IIRC. I watched it during its original airings and some on Saturday mornings when it made that shift but it's way down my list of favorite animated shows. My 9yo granddaughter loves it - even the horrid later seasons. I never did much care for S5 & S6 and wasn't that keen on the ones after Pebbles arrived (S4).

Reactions: Sa5150

LeoA

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
The first three DVDs are single-sided and contain episodes only. The fourth DVD is a flipper disc with episodes on the A side and bonus content on the B side. I believe this holds true for all the original season releases (I actually don't own two of them).

I haven't yet picked up the complete series release of The Flintstones that came out a year or two back (Although I want to), but I've read that the bonus content is stripped out. I would assume that holds true for individual season set rereleases.

I know I've bought a few of these Hanna-Barbera "Diamond Collection" reissues that had bonus content originally, and they're now gone in the new release. I'm sure that holds true for season sets of The Flintstones.

Last edited:

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barcelona