What's new

Warner Archive Press Release: The Jetsons: The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
Hello all,

Yesterday, I published a web article/review of The Jetsons Blu-ray set. I'm very impressed by it. The visual quality has never looked better, and the episodes themselves are as entertaining as ever. There are even a few "Brought to you by" sponsor bumpers included for Saran Wrap, Scotch Tape, and Colgate Dental Cream. Here's the link to the web article:

https://hubpages.com/entertainment/The-Jetsons-The-Complete-Original-Series-Blu-ray-Review

Thanks,
Marshall

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
You know you're only making the waiting harder than it already is. "Never looked better" is putting it mildly. Judging from that little clip alone, not only did they remove nearly 60 years of wear and tear from the picture, but they finally restored the original theme song — the drums are a dead giveaway. Even in mono with YouTube's compression algorithms, the sound is superb. And commercial bumpers? That was unexpected.

Warner Archive seems to have worked a miracle with this one. They've really gone above and beyond. Let's hope the actual discs themselves play.

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
You know you're only making the waiting harder than it already is. "Never looked better" is putting it mildly. Judging from that little clip alone, not only did they remove nearly 60 years of wear and tear from the picture, but they finally restored the original theme song — the drums are a dead giveaway. Even in mono with YouTube's compression algorithms, the sound is superb. And commercial bumpers? That was unexpected.

Warner Archive seems to have worked a miracle with this one. They've really gone above and beyond. Let's hope the actual discs themselves play.
I'm confused why wouldn't the discs play? Warner Archives blu rays have been among the cream of the crop for classic movie and TV blu rays in terms of restorations and quality. So that's why I am confused by the comment. It seems the same as "I just got the new criterion releases Lets hope the discs play" I don't recall ever seeing a post about a Warner Archive blu ray not playing and if someone did have a defective disc their customer service is one of the best for replacing it. My Jetsons set has no Issues nor doing any of my 100+ WAC blu rays.

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish

Sorry for making the wait harder, Matthew A. But when you do receive the set, I know you're going to enjoy it.
Marshall

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Warner’s MOD Blu-rays are pressed discs and identical to any other pressed Blu-ray. But I’m sure you already knew that.

As are all of Universal MOD starting with For Richer or Poorer/Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid/The Paper in Dec 2017 and Sony MOD starting from Sleepless in Seattle 6/2018 (i.e not the 20 or so titles from the discontinued 2016-2017 CHOICE line) from the same company that does WAC..

Unless I'm missing some context -- it's not the MOD that's the issue, it's the Burned discs which are in the massive minority of major label discs--- the 20 Choice Discs and now a few Lionsgate titles

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Warner's MOD DVDs, on the other hand, are not pressed. I have had some problems with them, unfortunately.
Some are, some aren't. An initial run for select titles will be pressed. They usually indicate this on the product page. My copies of Maverick are all pressed simply because I sucked it up and ordered directly from Warner's Shop very early. Frequently deepdiscount will have pressed copies on those titles, sometimes after Warner's store has run out - but it's more of a crap shoot with them.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
An initial run for select titles will be pressed. They usually indicate this on the product page.

Bob, do you recall what kind of language they've used? I've never seen this. I've also never seen them indicate a pressed title has exhausted its supply either but that's another story. <_<

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
This is a different kettle and certainly needs mention when making a statement which strongly implies playback issues with WAC BD

Nope, those have all been okay, I just haven't bought that many.

It also bothers me that that other studio in Burbank that owns a bunch of cartoons doesn't follow their lead.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Bob, do you recall what kind of language they've used? I've never seen this. I've also never seen them indicate a pressed title has exhausted its supply either but that's another story. <_<
It's been a long time since I've shopped on the site (before Warner handed it off to a 3rd party) and none of the pressed product I've purchased still has the blurb. That said - it was something along the lines of "Due to expected high demand initial copies of this title will be pressed." It was a simple text announcement in the area where the "Format" is listed.

IIRC, that blurb was there on all seasons of Maverick, the 2 Andy Hardy movie collections, seasons 3+ of Night Court, and a few others.

It's quite possible they dropped that practice of saying pressed on early copies or just dropped pressing early copies alltogether so people who ordered late and got BOD wouldn't be able to complain.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
They only had that language for a year or two. For most of their TV shows they are pressed and MOD means manufactured on demand not DVD-R. So when they run out of a pressed title they will make more too. Which is why we haven't seen any pressed titles listed as out. Generally any TV series with more than one season is pressed. But not if you buy from Amazon since they make their own MOD DVD titles and do not do pressed just DVD-R.

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
It's been a long time since I've shopped on the site (before Warner handed it off to a 3rd party) and none of the pressed product I've purchased still has the blurb. That said - it was something along the lines of "Due to expected high demand initial copies of this title will be pressed." It was a simple text announcement in the area where the "Format" is listed.

IIRC, that blurb was there on all seasons of Maverick, the 2 Andy Hardy movie collections, seasons 3+ of Night Court, and a few others.

It's quite possible they dropped that practice of saying pressed on early copies or just dropped pressing early copies alltogether so people who ordered late and got BOD wouldn't be able to complain.

I was hoping you can help since I usually follow your reviews . With the Jetsons on bluray now any chance or word out that maybe the Flintstones get a bluray of the tv series ? If i have to settle for the dvd set , I can't figure out which to get , Which one would have the original tv theme song preferably on single sided discs , I'd like the bonus features but would take uncut and high quality single discs (if they exist ) over bonus features . Any help would highly be appreciated ,

P.S. Have you heard any possible rumors if they going to finally give us the Stooges 2 reels on blu-ray ? That is my number one most wanted dream set . "Price no object , If they wanted to do a nice limited edition numbered deluxe set 5,000 sets at $299 would get them 1 million after all costs . Maybe a kickstarter like they did for Africa Scream ? Ah heck , Why not do UHD and it can be even more compacted . But that would require them to re scan them and that probably never happens . Showing wires or giving the option of removing them would be just fine with me .

"And for those who think it would not be much upgrade over dvd ... There nuts because it would be a HUGE upgrade for the boys .

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I've heard nothing about getting The Flintstones on BR. The DVDs have the original theme songs and opens. AFAIK the episodes are uncut. I own copies of the original releases and have had no issues with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks