1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release Warner Archive Press Release: The Jetsons: The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Message #1 of 53 Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    66698496_10157527575156563_7396459653997002752_o.

NEW 2019 1080p MASTERS FROM ORIGINAL NETWORK ELEMENTS!

THE JETSONS: THE COMPLETE ORIGINAL SERIES (1962-1963)
    Run Time 629:00
    Subtitles English SDH
    Sound Quality DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
    Aspect Ratio 1.33:1, 4 X 3 FULL FRAME
    Product Color COLOR
    Disc Configuration 3-BD 50
    Special Features: Audio Commentary by Janet Waldo on Rosie the Robot and A Date with Jet Screamer; Nuclear Family Album: Character Bios; Rosie the Robotic Maid: A Tribute; Featurettes: "The Jetsons: The Family of the Future" & "Space Age Gadgets".

"Meet George Jetson ... Jane, his wife ... daughter Judy ... his boy Elroy ..." The catchy tune of The Jetsons ideally captures the lighthearted essence of the show, a futuristic counterpoint to The Flintstones that reflected the space-age optimism of the times. The Jetsons were the very first family, animated or not, to have a big-screen home entertainment system decades before it became a reality. They also had flying cars, floating cities and androids, all commonplace scenery of today's most popular sci-fi blockbusters. Now this beloved series teletransports in High Definition, meticulously remastered for Blu-ray. This 3-disc set contains all 24 hilarious original episodes as first broadcast in prime-time on the ABC television network during the 1962-63 season.

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    OK... First Jonny Quest and now The Jetsons! Have I died and gone to Heaven? ;)

3. ScottRE

ScottRE Supporting Actor

Scott
    Original Jetsons? Without the 1980's syndicated episode titles? YES!

I'm gonna hold off on getting the Flintstones on DVD for awhile.....

4. LeoA

LeoA Cinematographer

Leo
    Great news. I hope the subsequent two seasons make it out in time and finish it up.

I haven't viewed the 1980's episodes in quite a few years (I only ever got around to buying season 1 on DVD). But they were so well done that I was completely unaware growing up in the 1980's and 1990's (I was a few weeks away from turning 3 when the second season premiered in 1985) that there was a 22 year gap in the series. Would love to own them in Blu-Ray quality to go with season 1.

Now if they'd just start working on The Flintstones. Next year is the 60th anniversary, so hopefully they have something in store.

Tony Bensley likes this.
  5. Lecagr

Lecagr Second Unit

Lee
    I actually like it that the Jetsons 1962-63 DVD set has the episode titles after the opening credits.

Some TV shows display episode titles after the opening credits, some don't. I think it should be mandatory for all TV shows to display the episode titles.

6. ScottRE

ScottRE Supporting Actor

Scott
    Well, the original 60's series didn't display them, and the later versions had 80's music with 80's art. So it wasn't an accurate representation of the series as originally aired. Besides, the episode titles would be on the menus, so you'd know what yer watchin'. I mean, you really want studios to put episode titles over the film well after the fact when they didn't have them before?

7. Lecagr

Lecagr Second Unit

Lee
    It depends what each individual viewer prefers. I know that The Jetsons 1962-63 episodes originally didn't include titles, they were added later in the 1980's, but I like the titles and I'm glad the DVD set included them.

Too bad that The Flintstones 1960-66 episodes are untitled. Those episodes should have titles also.

8. ScottRE

ScottRE Supporting Actor

Scott
    When I was recording everything off the air, I really did wish every series had episode titles at the start. It was super difficult to index them pre-internet. SeaQuest, I Dream of Jeannie and Dallas were very frustrating.

9. MartinP.

MartinP. Supporting Actor

Martin
    Anybody wanna go swivelin' tonight?

10. darkrock17

darkrock17 Screenwriter

Andrew McClure
    To quote Rodney Dangerfield "No respect, no respect at all"

How dare WB not included Rosie on the cover, Rosie is very important to the series, she's been featured on previous home video releases, including the DVD's. So why would they drop her for the shows Blu-ray debut?

11. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Director
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    "Beep-Beep!"

12. Lecagr

Lecagr Second Unit

Lee
    Maybe an oversight on the part of WB excluding Rosie from the cover art.

The Jetsons 1962-63 series has only 24 episodes, that's a low number of episodes for early 1960's TV. 30 or 32 episodes would have been better. Top Cat has 30 episodes.

13. Flashgear

Flashgear Screenwriter

Randall

Gary16, RICK BOND, Mark Y and 2 others like this.
  14. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Great news on the Jetsons. To me there is only one Jetsons The 1962-63 Prime time show. When they moved it to a lower budget Saturday morning cartoon in the 80's I couldn't get into it. The drop in story quality, the drop in quality to the look of the animation and the addition of an annoying scrappy doo character: Orbity all killed it for me. To me a night and day difference. But very Happy for the original Jetsons. I'm in and yes I hope it is all original credits and not the later added title cards.

15. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

The original Flinstones and Jetsons were prime time shows. Prime time TV in the 50's and 60's didn't use episode titles very often. Saturday morning cartoons are a different story.

Tony Bensley likes this.
  16. Lecagr

Lecagr Second Unit

Lee
    I think it's better whenever a TV show episode displays the episode title at the beginning.

Some of those Saturday morning Hanna-Barbera cartoons display episode titles, and some don't. The original Josie And The Pussycats series displays episode titles, but the follow up series "In Outer Space" doesn't display episode titles. The Hair Bear Bunch displays episode titles. Clue Club doesn't display episode titles.

17. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

But Flinstones and Jetsons don't because they are not Saturday morning cartoons is what I meant. They are prime time shows. I Love Lucy, Bewitched, I dream of Jeannie, Leave it to Beaver etc don't display episode titles either. Not saying they shouldn't just saying that because they are prime time shows they didn't use them. Personally I prefer my episodes the way they originally aired. I grew up watching Jetsons reruns in the 70's and early 80's and they didn't have those titles then. They were added after the 1985 and on new episodes were created as a way to connect the two series for reruns.

Tony Bensley and Flashgear like this.
  18. ScottRE

ScottRE Supporting Actor

Scott
    That was mostly with comedies, which I think it what you're getting at. A lot of dramatic series, anthologies and SF/Adventure shows did display titles. Star Trek, The Green Hornet, every Quinn Martin show, the Irwin Allen shows, The Outer Limits, Thriller, The Lieutenant, The Twilight Zone (after awhile), Batman, The Man from UNCLE, MIssion: Impossible (after awhile) Bonanza and so on.

19. Lecagr

Lecagr Second Unit

Lee
    Regarding prime time shows from the 1950's to 70's, it seems that the drama shows are more likely to display the episode titles, and less likely for the sitcoms.

20. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    Because outside a scene from the closing credits, Rosie appears in only two episodes of the original 1960s show.